Monday, August 11, 2014

Another Big Monday

Today should be huge at work. The Interstate Fair and Rodeo is going on and the town is full of people here for that event. I dread the Monday and Thursday long days.  I would love to just work 12:00 until 4:00.  But if I did that, I would have to work Fridays and I enjoy my long weekends. So, working is really a compromise I have to make if I want to pay off my car early. Scott is discontinuing  my allotment at my insistence. He has a tax bill to pay before he retires from the army.  He will need that $200.

Marilyn sent me home some of her chicken casserole and some of her pumpkin cake and we will have it tomorrow evening. I had planned on Hamburgers and French fries and baked beans tonight and have the hamburger thawing now.  Bob brought the buns over yesterday.  I have my menus planned for the week again.  It is always so much easier to buy groceries when I do that.

I am tumbling Missy's white throw in the fresh air of the dryer right now. She gets so much cat hair on everything if I don't keep that throw clean.  The house is clean and the laundry is caught up. I do need to go out and water the flowers in the containers in the front.

I want to stop at the Natural Food Store today and buy some pecans. They have the fresh crop and they are so much cheaper to buy in bulk.  I bake quite a bit and use them in my coffee cake and cookies.

More later....

I came home exhausted. I worked the entire day by myself. I was very busy and had very little opportunity to sit down. I got home about 4:25 and started dinner immediately.  We had the hamburgers and french fries and the rest of the ice cream I had made a few days ago.

We watched TV until 7:30 when Bob went home and I took my bath and went to bed.  

3 comments:

Balisha said...

Take care and don't work too hard today.
I find that making up my menus saves time and money. That way I have most everything in the house to make several meals...without those trips to the store in between.
Have a nice day...Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I am exhausted. I had a very busy day and I worked by myself today.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Hopefully you'll be able to catch up on some needed rest! :)