Sunday, August 10, 2014

Another Busy Sunday

This will be another busy Sunday. When I get to church I will need to make copies of the Church School material for the class and make sure the building is ready for the services.I am making coffee cake right now for the group that meets. We will have an even smaller group today because several are out of town.

Afterward, as is our custom, a group of us eats together at a local restaurant. Then I will come home and do my congregational letters and make something for the dinner tonight at the meeting at Marilyn's house.

It will be a full day. Furthermore, it is supposed to rain again. We have had a lot of rain lately. Odd...it's supposed to be August.

I haven't heard a word from my son who is in Hawaii. I tried to call him yesterday but there was no answer.

More later...my coffee cake is ready to come out of the oven.....

The coffeecake went over so well at church that it was all eaten.

I spent the afternoon doing my newsletters and fixing a dish to take to Marilyn's house.  The party went off well. Only Bob and I and Joyce and Keith and Mona and Richard were there.besides Marilyn. Instead of watching the video, we played a card game. It was something different.  And Marilyn sent me home with enough leftover chicken casserole and pumpkin cake for our dinner Tuesday evening. I believe we will have our hamburgers and french fries and baked beans on Monday though.  I work 6 1/2 hours tomorrow. It's the week of Interstate Fair and Rodeo and we should be very busy.

I saw Lynette from the district court at Country Mart this afternoon. It was so good to see her again!  She was very good to me there.

Now it's time to go to bed....

Goodnight all!

No comments: