Monday, August 4, 2014

Back to Work Monday

This is another work day...one of the longer ones. I hope to get comfortable with the routine soon. I need to memorize the code for the security system.  That has to be turned off within one minute of the unlocking of the door.  If it goes off, the police will come.

When the dollar store opens I want to get a couple of get well cards. Gay's mom has been in the hospital for a week and is home now but enjoys cards so I am going to send her one and I want Bob to send her one too.  She is 96.

Then when the bank opens I need to check with them about Scott's allotment. They were supposed to have intercepted it and put it in the new account but it would have been in on the first and I don't see it in the new account.  I'm not tremendously impressed with this bank yet.  They have made a lot of little errors.

I go in to work at 9:45. I stop at the Chamber of Commerce office and check out the front door key.  In this program, I am not allowed to have a key.  I work until 4:15 this afternoon.

I soaked the beans overnight. I washed them and put fresh water on them this morning and started  them in  the slow cooker.  Bob will check on them about 9:00. If they are done, he will add the onions and salt and turn the slow cooker down to "warm". When I get home from work, I will bake the cornbread.  I have fixed pistachio pudding for dessert.

Then this evening, I will need to bake my cake for the First Christian Church in Independence. I will take them up a little earlier tomorrow. My10:00  hair appointment has been moved to 8:30 because of the job. After that I will take in the cakes and come home for work.

More later....

I got the beans finished up  as soon as i got home from work and set another place at the table.  Marilyn is coming too. Luckily I had made several puddings for dessert.  Marilyn had brought a wonderful bottle of wine and we drank some of it during dinner. We didn't have many beans left so I didn't have enough for Bobby. I hated to do it but I called him and told him "next time".

After dinner I spent quite a bit of time cleaning up and then made my strawberry cake for tomorrow.  I will ice it in the morning. I am exhausted. I took my bath and then ran the trash cart out to the curb.
Today was easier at work but still I am very tired.  Thank goodness I only work three and a quarter hours tomorrow.

I did get the photos of the Dalton room today. I will download them to the computer.

This is the way the four men of the Dalton gang were laid out after being killed during the raid.

And this is an oil of the four Coffeyville citizens who were killed defending the two banks and the town.
This is the safe that was in one of the banks they were attempting to rob.

This is one of the display cases with artifacts enclosed. One of the artifacts is a rifle taken from one of the outlaws after they died.
Another display case in the Dalton room. Notice the pistol taken from one of the outlaws.
This case displays two of the guns taken from the body of Grat Dalton. It's his rifle and one of his pistols.
Some photos and documents depicting the outlaws
More photos of the outlaws.
The saddles taken from the outlaw's horses. The horses were shot dead during the raid. The gunfire from the citizens was coming from several directions.

I'm sure I will like working here as soon as I get comfortable with the routine. It's just a couple of hours longer then I'm used to working.  And I'm on my feet a lot more then I'm used to.


2 comments:

Balisha said...

Oh gosh your meal sounds good to me. I just got back from the pool and I'm hungry.
Hope you adjust to your new job quickly. Tell us a little more about it some time.
Have a nice day,
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha for coming by.