Sunday, August 17, 2014

Quiet Sunday

It's a quiet Sunday today. I did not sleep well last night and finally got up at 3:00 and took two Aleve. They didn't help much with the sleep though so I finally just got up about 4:30.  My right leg and left forearm ached too badly to sleep.

I will go to church today and then afterward we will eat out somewhere.  I will come home and do my weekly newsletters. We have no Living the Questions group tonight so I will just stay home and watch 60 Minutes.  Maybe I can get to bed earlier and get some sleep or, better yet, get a nap this afternoon.

I will work my 6 1/2 hours tomorrow. We will have chicken tenders , mashed potatoes and gravy, salad and veggies and fruit for dessert. Then I will need to bake a cake Monday evening and take the cakes from here to Independence on Tuesday for the  Independence Christian Church's Tuesday evening dinner.

Missy wants to go out on the carport this morning but I have convinced her we are not going out until it's daylight. It's only 5:25 now.  She has been jumping on the door to get to go out.

More later....

We went out on the carport for awhile.  Then it became time to leave for church. After church five of us ate at El Pueblo and then I came home to do my congregational letters. Bob came over at 6:00 and we watched a rerun of 60 Minutes and had that last glass of wine.  After that, he went home and I finished my book. Debbie Reynolds was so stupid when it came to men and marriage. She let them take her for everything she had.  At least she admitted it in this memoir.

Now I'm out of anything to read...again. Maybe I can find  a free book on the Amazon site...or at least a greatly reduced price one. I now have 100 books on my Kindle.

I went to bed about 9:00 and slept well.




No comments: