Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday Again

I never found time yesterday to post. I'll try to catch up today.

Bob and I went to Great China for lunch Sunday after church and then came home and I got my letters done and worked some on next week's sermon.  That evening I went to Living the Questions group at Keith and Joyce's home.  In two weeks we will go to Richard and Mona's for the next meeting.  After I came home last night I found that "The Roosevelt's" was being rebroadcast on PBS from 9:00 until 11:00. I stayed up to watch it.

I enjoyed Bobby's class reunion Saturday and ended up even going to Southern Supper Club that evening.  Phyllis wants me to to think about having a mini reunion next year. I am mulling it over. The trouble is..the only real help I get is from John and Larry. Everyone else comes to the meetings but when the time comes to get things done, it's just me with some help from John and Larry. I am also thinking about putting together a booklet listing all the classmates I have addresses and information for and a page for those who are deceased.  There seems to be some interest in that.

Today I hope to hear from the hospital about an assignment for SER.  I heard from Doug there on Friday and he is waiting for word from Aime before scheduling an interview for me.

Bob came over last evening. He has not been able to send or receive e-mail for a month. I tried to fix that program but was unsuccessful.  I am waiting to hear from Keith about walking me through it now. I am unfamiliar with Windows 8 and tried to look up the instructions on how to delete the mail account and then  reinstall it. It was Greek to me.

More later....

I got Bob's computer working again and he now has his e-mail too.


This morning about 9:30, Leslie called me from the emergency room. She was in a great deal of chest pain and they were working to see what was causing the pain. I rushed over there.  She could barely breathe.  She was also nauseated.  They did an EKG which was normal and a bunch of other tests.

They suspected the heart but all her tests came out fine. However, they could not seem to get her out of pain. Finally they gave her a couple of shots of morphine and after about thirty minutes, she became pain free. But the doctor wanted her to stay overnight in the hospital because women often have very strange symptoms with heart attack. They put her in room 232 for an overnight stay.

About 3:00 I took her a milkshake since  the hospital food was uneatable. That made her nauseated again and she gave it to John. He had come at 3:00 as I was leaving to get her milkshake. I stayed with her until 4:00 and when her pain did not return, I came on home.

We won’t know anything else until her blood work comes back.

It’s just a mystery.


No comments: