Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thursday Work Day

I slept pretty well last night. I was so tired. I did wake up at 1:00 and could not get back to sleep until I got back up and took a melatonin tablet. Then I slept until 5:30.

I am going to bake cookies this morning and also go to the market. I need a few things.

We will have the rest of our stew for lunch today.  I will bake some more biscuits to go with it. We will have hot tea with it. I will fix something light for dessert...probably fruit.  We can have a cookie with that.

I will sort the rest of the newspapers at work today if I don't run out of twine to tie them up with.  I shelf read the DVDs for awhile yesterday...just for a break from handling all that newspaper. 

I am considering attending the job fair at the college tonight. That would be good for the job search I am required to do.

My daughter told me yesterday she intends to invite my niece  and great niece and brother-in-law for Thanksgiving next week. They would be alone at Thanksgiving and my niece is having a hard time adjusting to the loss of her husband last month.  I think that's a good idea. I know what a struggle that adjustment is for some. My niece is shy and does not have a lot of friends she can do things with. Luckily she has her youngest daughter still at home and in college.  I am to take green bean casserole and my Bob's Waldorf fruit salad. She is going to take care of everything else.  Bob says he is going to take wine.

Bob's older daughter and her husband  will be here to see them on Friday. They will eat their Friday meal out since he will just barely be moved in his new apartment and still not settled in.

More later....

I had a real rough day today. I bundled up old papers until I ran out of twine.  Then I gathered up all the old papers that I will need to tie into bundles and set them down on the lower shelves and labeled them to either be bundled or not to be bundled.  I also filed DVDs and filed the boxes in the library.

I was going to attend a job fair after work but was just too tired to do it.

When I got home, Bob came over for wine. I didn't have a chance to eat anything until he went home and then I ate some yogurt and took my bath and put my PJs on and watched the president's speech on my computer.  In my opinion, he made perfect sense.  If Congress doesn't like what he has done, they can pass their own comprehensive immigration bill. If you check on the internet, you will fine many other presidents, including all Republicans have used executive orders to accomplish legislation they cannot get done any other way.  The latest being the first Bush and Reagan. 

At 9:00, I went to bed. I hope I can sleep tonight without melatonin.


No comments: