Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sunday's Snowy Forecast

It's 31 degrees out there this morning. We have a 90% chance of snow today. And they say it will be one to three inches by this afternoon. There probably won't be many out for church today. We are located out in the country and we would have to travel county roads. Some of us are old and don't want to get out in it and take a chance on having a wreck. Even if we are careful, there are a lot of people out there who have no idea how to drive in snow. Well, it will be interesting to see if it develops. The weather has been so strange these past few years.  Bob and I will go if we have services. I don't know what we will plan about lunch.

But I dread seeing my electric bill. This apartment is all electric. 

I slept really well last night.  I went to bed at 8:30 so I didn't expect to sleep well but I only awoke once at 2:00, went to the bathroom and went right back to sleep until well after 4:30.

I've had my biscuit and a banana for breakfast  and two cups of my Keurig coffee. The first one was butter pecan.  The second one was called mudslide. I love the variety and not having to leave a cup to be warmed up the next morning. I know it's more expensive that way but it's one of the few luxuries I have allotted myself. ...that and getting my hair done. Now that I'm working again, I feel I can afford it.

Karan is supposed to have the Living the Questions group tonight and have chili for supper. If we get a lot of snow, she will probably call it off.  I have the new DVD Gretchen sent to us.  It's called  "The Ten Commandments..Laws of the Heart".  It comes from a new site called "Faith and Reason".

I was just scrubbing my kitchen floor and when I put the mop away I noticed that my Christmas cactus is beginning to bud up. I thought it was not going  to bloom again!


More later....

There were a lot more at church then I thought would be there since there's about three inches of snow on the ground now. We cancelled "Living the Questions" tonight. In fact we went home with Bobby and Karan and ate the chili she had fixed for tonight. I'm hoping there will not be more snow by tomorrow. I dread driving to work in this mess tomorrow afternoon. I will just stay home and watch 60 Minutes tonight in my warm and cozy apartment.   

We had our Samaritan Child Christmas boxes at church today and I took some photos of the group that worked on them.
Here are some more...
Leeann was reaching for something on the table in the one above. So here are some more.

I got her to stand still for the one above. Bill would not get into the photo so I took one of him alone.
He looks very solemn, doesn't he? He doesn't like his photo taken any more then I do. :)

Missy disappeared again this evening and went to find her and for the first time I found her on my bed against the decorative pillows. I hope she doesn't make a habit of that. I always put one of her throws on the bed when she lies on it. I then can put the throw in the dryer under fresh air.
But here she is:
Darn cat! She's back in there right now!

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I was all set to wake up to a winter wonderland this morning. The forecast changed. It's been raining all night.

That kitty looks quite comfortable and happy :)

Margie's Musings said...

We have about four inches of snow here. What a mess!

I could have accepted rain better.