Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wednesday and Work

Today is to be my first day of work at the library. I will report on it later.

First I will go to exercise class. After that, I will fix lunch for Bob and me. He will be moving on the 22nd. But he will only be about three blocks away.

I didn't sleep all that well last night. I awoke two or three times. My right leg ached. I finally got up and took a couple of Aleve and that helped a bunch.  I finally got up shortly before 5:00. I fixed myself a couple of cups of coffee with my Keurig and toasted a buttered biscuit.  That's all I ever want for breakfast. 

It is very cold this morning. It is 21 degrees right now. I am not looking forward to winter. Last year my electric bill was horrendous.  I turn it down to 65 at night and will turn it down when I leave for work. No sense heating an empty house.....empty.. except for Missy...who has a fur coat.

More later.....

My son, Scott, called me a little while ago to just chat. In the midst of the chat he told me he intends to buy a new flat screen TV for me when he comes next month. This is to be my birthday/Christmas gift. He will also buy a cabinet to put it on.  He says that gift is not optional.  So I didn't try to argue with him.  I will be delighted to get this old TV out of here now that it no longer works.  It only works at all because Cox brought in a DVR box and the box receives the TV signal.   It will be so good to see him again! His girlfriend, Ginger, is flying in to meet me and to accompany him back to Georgia.  That will also be good. She seems to be a very nice person and he is very taken with her. I am anxious to meet her.

I worked this afternoon and it was alright. Mostly I did shelf reading which is done to be sure the books were where they should be. Some patrons take a book out to check it out and then put it back in the wrong place. Also, the library is having a soup sale next weekend and they are selling a cookbook there, so Katie had me cutting out the recipes for the books. That was a kind of tedious job but I imagine they will be having me do more interesting things later on.  Katie sent in (by fax) my time sheet. It only had five hours on it this time but five hours is five hours.  

After I got home, I ate some yogurt and later Bob came over to watch the news and a couple of episodes of The Big Bang Theory. They were reruns so I quickly bored with them. After he left I took my bath and Missy and I watched Nature and Nova. Halfway through Nova, I gave up and we went to bed.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Have a good day, Margie....hope you like your new job.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I do too, Balisha! I think I will!