Saturday, November 15, 2014

A Cold Saturday

I finished yesterday's blog this morning. I had no opportunity to do it yesterday after work and with all the phone calls and being so tired, I just couldn't get it done.

I awoke at 1:00 after hearing the doorbell ring. At least I thought I heard the doorbell ring. I went to the door and of course, no one was there. I had evidently dreamed it.   Then I had this meeting to plan the Birthday Bash on my mind and could not get back to sleep. So about 3:00 AM, I just got up and printed off the invitations to the meeting and the envelopes to put them in. Now they are all ready to go as soon as I buy some stamps.

Bob and I will go to breakfast at Eggberts this morning even though it is 27 degrees out there.  Later, about 9:00, I will drive up to Chanute to visit with Gay, visit a new gift shop there, and have lunch with her. It's 50 miles away. It's cold but still it should be a nice day and Saturday is the only day I have now to visit with my friends.  Gay and I have been friends since she was 14 and I was 17.

I bought a new Christmas tree a couple of weeks ago and I had put all my tree decorations in the church's rummage sale so I am going to be looking for some new decorations for my new tree.  I want some colorful balls for it and some garlands but I also want to find some glass icicles.  I found some at Hobby Lobby but they were a little larger then the ones I used to have and my tree is small. So I am going to look for some. I may stop at Neodesha on my way home. They have a couple of nice gift shops there too. I didn't have a Christmas tree last year except for the ceramic one my sister, Phyllis, had given me years ago and it just didn't seem like Christmas here at the apartment without one. Plus, I always have to try to discourage Missy from taking the ornaments off it.  I'm sure I'll have that to do again this year. The Christmas tree with all it's glittering ornaments just fascinates her.

If I remember, I will take some photos today. The camera Scott gave me is small and I keep it in my purse all the time.

More later....

I forgot to take photos. Anyhow, Gay and I had a great visit and I found some tree decorations I like. I got home about 3:30.  Bob came over about 4:00 and brought me a bottle of foaming hand soap. He had gone to Bartlesville while I was gone. He bought some new clothes and the soaps.

He will be back this evening and have our wine and some cookies.

We are under a weather advisory from 6:00 AM until 6:00 PM tomorrow.

No comments: