Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday and Breakfast

This morning our class group will meet at Sirloin Stockade at 8:30 for breakfast.  I hope this goes smoother then the dinner yesterday. Thank goodness this is the last of these I am organizing.

I did not sleep well last night. At 3:30 I took another Benedril but it didn't help much. I got very little sleep last night and what I did get was fitful.  That's what happens when I have way too many irons in the fire in a short time.  Next weekend is my son's wedding and the day after Memorial Day I leave for Wichita and a flight to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area for four days for the SER Corporation National Conference.

I will miss church this morning. Bob is presiding for me. After  I got home last night he came over for our wine and to sum everything up.  He told me the church carpet had been cleaned and the church was a mess. The tables and chairs in the all purpose room where we meet for church school, was empty. The cleaner had not put the tables and chairs back up and some of the furniture in the sanctuary was still in the foyer. I suggested we go back out and get everything back to where it should be instead of waiting until morning. So that's what we did.  While we were out there, I ran the bulletins too. So now everything is ready for church school and church.

More later....

Well, the breakfast went very well. Only half the people stayed for the breakfast though. After breakfast, and we were through shortly after 10:00, I went on to church.  Here is a photo of Karan's worship center. That's Karan standing behind it.  The fountain was an overflowing bucket.  You can see it better in the second photo.

I was there for the last of the adult class and the sermon too.  After church we went out to El Pueblo for lunch. After that I came home and did my newsletters and baked my Apple Brown Betty. I fixed some peach tea and Bob brought some vanilla ice cream and ice for our drinks.

It's 4:00 now and folks will not be coming until close to 7:00. I have some time to rest. I should have a nice group tonight. There will be Bob and me, Karan and Bobby, Joyce, Marilyn, Howard and Judy and Gretchen and Richard and Mona and their teenaged son, Rami. I'm ready. I have seating for six in sofa and chairs, 4 chairs from my dining room table, and two folding chairs.

Bob will be back around 6:00 to watch 60 Minutes. Last Sunday night it was interrupted by the weather man telling about the severe weather in southern Oklahoma...hours away from us.
Grrr....

No comments: