Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Wednesday and Exercise Class and Work

I went to the market yesterday at Wal Mart. How I dislike that store! It's clear across town and every time I go out there, I swear it's the last time. I know Country Mart is higher priced but at least I don't have to drive 6 1/2 miles (one way) and then have a hard time finding what I'm looking for. I forgot to buy tuna so when the dollar store opens I will walk over there and buy a can.  I thought I had some but it turned out to be boned chicken. I also need pimento for my recipe of tuna noodle casserole. And I need to get some frozen peas for the recipe too so I may as well go to Country Mart.

Yesterday at work, I put away dozens of DVDs.  Then I also scanned another aisle of bar codes. Last of all, I cleaned four DVD/games before my day was over.

I noticed one small boy pulling DVDs out of the bookcases in a stack of 15.  I told the mother he could only take 5 at a time. She said he could have 15. I told her to check with the librarians because I had been told the limit for any one child was 5. She checked and I was correct. So the little boy's mother just stuck them back in the case randomly. Which meant I had to pull them out and file them alphabetically again.

Why would anyone let a child take 15 DVDs anyhow? That would mean the child would be sitting hour after hour watching one video after another.  The mother should be reading to him or letting him go outside and play. I cannot for the life of me understand these "modern" mothers. We had TV when my kids were young (and with a lot better programming) but they were only allowed to watch Captain Kangaroo in the morning and Walt Disney Presents on Sunday evening. They were not allowed to watch TV for hour after hour. They played outdoors or in the summertime we went to the pool.  None of my kids were fat either.  They got lots of exercise and were not allowed junk food.

It's a modern problem.

One good thing was the quiet. The kids were mostly at the pool, I guess.  I was able to scan bar codes without a noise distraction.

More later....

Well dinner was good and we'll have it again tomorrow. Bob will make more salad.

I worked on putting away DVDs today and cleaning DVDs and repairing them.  I also put away the new books in a special bookcase just for them and I sorted the newspapers and stacked them on the shelves in the back room..

When I got home Bob came over to watch the news and have wine and ice cream.  He left at 7:00 and I took my bath and will lay in the recliner with Missy for awhile.

Then I'll go to bed. I was up entirely too early this morning.  Tomorrow is house cleaning day again.

No comments: