Saturday, July 25, 2015

Saturday Morning and Breakfast Out Again.

This soon as it gets light I will take Missy out on the carport for awhile. Then at 7:20 I will pick up Bob at his apartment for our breakfast.

Betty, the property manager,called me yesterday evening to tell me she found a repairman for the air conditioner. Maybe he can fix whatever is causing it to freeze up and overflow when it gets really hot and begins working harder.

Yesterday was really hard for me. Thank goodness Keith has the patience of Job. When I get that tired, I have problems thinking things through. I feel muddled. When I am rested, that doesn't happen. Oh, the fun of getting old.

Missy is being pretty patient  too. She is lying quietly beside my chair waiting for daylight.

We will not go to Bartlesville after all. The repairman  is supposed to be here between 12:00 and 1:00. It's almost 6:00 AM and it's already 78 degrees. We are under an excessive heat warning here.  It will be in the high 90s all next week. When I got up this morning, I found that the freeze had thawed again during the night just like the night before. There was very little water in the bucket. It seems when it really gets hot during the day, it freezes up and after the evening cools down to the 70s, it thaws and stops leaking the condensation.

I have a big weekend again this weekend. In the morning I will fix a meatloaf. We will have a basket dinner after church because of a guest minister that will be with us. Then Monday morning I will fix a green bean casserole for the funeral dinner for the celebration of Judy's brother's life. If I stay for that dinner, I will run late at work. I don't know if I can do that. Mondays at work are huge. Everyone brings back the five DVDs they have taken out over the weekend for each child to amuse them. I usually have a couple of hundred DVDs to put away and the cases to file in bookcases. I will play it by ear.

More later....

The air conditioning man came early at 11:00 and within thirty minutes had it fixed. He blew out the line with an air blower and then added some freon to the unit. He said it froze up because the freon was low. 

Then Bob and I did go to Bartlesville.  We walked around the mall where it was air conditioned, I bought a new top for church and then we went to Dinks to eat lunch.  I bought a little gas at Dewey just to get around Bartlesville and then to go home but waited until we got back home until I bought gas. Sam's Sunshine shop was $2.29 a gallon and Bartlesville was $2.59 a gallon. The difference was worth waiting for. Then we went to our Wal Mart to buy groceries. After that I took Bob home.

Later Bob came over to watch the news and "The Seventies" on TV. He went home at 8:00. I took a shower and washed my hair and also put my PJs on and sat with Missy in the recliner. I went to bed after watching an episode of Forensic Files.


Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Here's hoping the A/C guy figures it out and can fix it. I hate super hot's very draining .

marlu said...

It was 107 here in Hutch Friday! Hope your air conditioner is fixed by now.
We had a meat loaf this noon too! It lasts us several days and we like it reheated in a frying pan.

Margie's Musings said...

The man came and fixed it. Thanks,gals!

Sister--Three said...

Wow, that is a bargain for gas.

Probably each summer they will have to buy freon.
Air conditioners are closed systems. Only reason to
add freon is a leak. As systems get older they spring
little leaks. Larry did heat and air before he retired.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks for the tip Sister-Three!