Thursday, August 13, 2015

Thursday and Housecleaning Day

Well, I got started fairly early today with my cleaning. It's 9:00 and my last load of laundry is in the dryer. I had just two loads. But I got the whole apartment cleaned and even took the air return for the furnace off and cleaned a ton of dust and dirt out of there. I notice there's another one in the hall and one behind the TV stand but those will have to wait for another day. I'm bushed. I've cleaned and washed the bathroom and kitchen floors and vacuumed the other four rooms.  I also stopped long enough to go to the market and get some ham pieces for my casserole today. I will need to divide it into two servings so I can also use it for ham and beans later.  I already have a cornbread mix for then.

Right now I'm resting.

A lot has already happened today. At 7:30, the woman that was evicted from 1806, across the street, returned to the apartment and knocked and knocked a long time before someone finally answered the door. She went in and was only in there a short time and then came out with a t-shirt over her arm and got in her car and left again. Bob and I were sitting on the carport when that happened. I had taken Missy out. In a little while, Marilyn came over and said yesterday afternoon the woman came over to 1806 and got into an argument with the husband that still lives there. He twice told her in a very loud voice that he was the boss! She evidently left then.

She has the car...a fairly new Nissan. This woman works at a taco place and how she can afford car payments for that nice car and rent and utilities is anyone's guess. She and the children were evicted over the weekend. I don't know where they are living. But the teenage girl's boyfriend moved his clothing over across the street here to 1811 in our fourplex. He's stayed there for two nights now. Betty, the landlady, says he can stay a week and then if he doesn't leave, she will evict the kids that live there too.  They were supposed to have taken the trampoline down over at 1806. Betty says they are going to get their insurance cancelled on the house if they don't got that thing out of the yard.

Merrill has it right. He says all we need is a tent and we'll have a circus.

More later....and still no word from the college......

I heard from Aime this morning and she says we are having our hours cut from 20 per pay period to 18 hours per pay period. I will take the two hours off... one each of two Fridays, I guess.   There goes about $14 a pay period. I guess I will survive though.

I got the bed remade and everything from my laundry put away.  

Karan had Bobby bring over a container of goulash for our lunch today. Their timing couldn't be better. How nice!  I am very tired from my cleaning and laundry chores. Now I won't have to cook until tomorrow.  I will just heat it up and put some broccoli in the microwave. I may also put some garlic toast in the oven and make some pudding up. I still have cookies too. 

More even later....

We had a great dinner and then I went to work. It was a slow day and I did a lot of dusting and shelf reading....boring, boring, boring.

After work Bob came over for awhile and then we went over to Braum's and had an ice cream cone. He came back with me until 7:00 when he went home. I took my bath and then Missy and I sat in the recliner for awhile until I got sleepy.

Still no word from the college....

No comments: