Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday and Church Again.

Today is Sunday and I will go to church this morning. Bob will pick me up at 9:00. I will need to make some copies of our church school material today. We will be giving out our backpacks and school supplies today to the kids from the trailer park down the road. What they don't need, we will take to the Caney school. After church, a group of us will eat out together. That's the plan, at least.

Before I sat in my chair this morning, I had to clean the cat hair off it. Missy spent the afternoon while I was gone yesterday...in my chair.  Now she is waiting patiently to go out on the carport and watch the birds. It's not light yet. I don't take her out in the dark. I never know if that stray cat is out there under my car. That's where he was when he attacked her a couple of weeks ago. That one sore on her back still has not healed. I hope it doesn't turn into a cyst.

My hands are aching again...especially my left hand. When I got up this morning my back was sore. After I'd been up awhile it worked out. I only take meds for it if I simply cannot handle the ache. I like to avoid taking any unnecessary medication. Everything has side effects.

We have our  "Living the Questions" group at Bobby and Karan's home this evening.  It is at 7:00 PM. Bob and I will attend. It's the last of our present DVD lessons and then we will begin again with the "Saving Jesus" DVD. There are some of our group that started attending long after we watched that DVD.  We have lost so many of our group. Howard and Judy moved to California, Gretchen moved to Florida, Richard dropped out after Gretchen moved to Florida. He still comes every once in awhile. Jack and Keith and my Bob died. Everything changes.

It will be interesting to see if the college calls me this week for an interview to work there.

More later....

The services were good this morning and Leslie and I used oil and laid hands on and prayed  over Melissa who is having surgery on Thursday. I'm sure she will be fine. She's young...about 43...and besides, she is a doctor. But it is reassuring to her to be administered to.

Bob and Phyllis F. and I went to Independence after the services hoping to eat at Great China but they were still closed for the month they go back to China. So we went to the Railroad Inn and had Italian. We had pretty poor service so I did not leave a tip.

I came home and did the congregational newsletters and also played a few computer games just to kill some time. I'm doing a load of laundry now.  Surprise! The mower came this afternoon and mowed and the yard looks much better. It had gone to seed.

Bob will be over at 6:00 to watch 60 Minutes and then we will go to the group meeting.

3 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It's so nice what your group is doing for the children :)

Galla Creek said...

I am hoping the college job works out. Even if that job is not perfect it can't be worse than the library. My daughter worked at our library from the time she was 14 until after she graduated from college. It was a great job. Not all libraries are like the one there!

Margie's Musings said...

I know, Sister-Three. My aunt Ruth was the children's librarian until she retired and believe me, it was quiet in her department and there was no noise upstairs either. I did my homework at the library so I could use their reference books.