Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wednesday and Cooking Again.

I will bake my meatloaf today for lunch.  We will have a baked potato and veggies and Bob will bring coleslaw for our salad. We will have the rest of the pudding and cookies for dessert. I told Marilyn I would bring her some meatloaf.  She doesn't cook. And we will have it again on Friday, I imagine.

I didn't sleep all that well last night.  I woke up after 3:30 and got up to go to the bathroom. Then Missy got inspired and I heard her scratching in the litter  box and got up to clean that up. Then just as I was about to go back to sleep, I heard her in there again. I went in and flushed that and then just gave up about 4:30 and got up. :) Cats!

Scott called this morning to visit about the news yesterday about the dangers of red meat and processed meats in general.  I suggested he try the Fleischmann's Olive Oil product in the place of oleo or butter.  He might give it a try.

This week is Neewollah in Independence. I don't know if we will try to go up there for any of it. We are considering going to Branson next week on Wednesday and Thursday.  Diana gave Bob some credit for the trip and some shows but it will depend on the weather. We will watch the weather channel next week. I would get out the feeder for Missy and put out two dishes of water for her. That would hold her for two days without anyone here.

When I talked to Scott this morning, he told me they were counting on me coming down there after their house is finished and stay a week. I told him it couldn't be June though since Leslie and I intend to go to World Conference of the church June 4 - 11. I hope we can stay with Stoner's again.

I am amazed at how much better I feel since I quit the job at the library.  It was really taking it's toll on me.

More later....

I took some photos at the Conference on Saturday and just got them downloaded to my drive from the camera. I will share any good ones. This is Vivian, our new Mission Center President.

This is my daughter, Leslie, on the far right. She is visiting with Woody and Jody, whose backs are to the camera.  Looking into the camera are another couple Patsy and Lester. I've known them for ages too.
Now you can see Jody and Woody. They are old friends.

2 comments:

Betty said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, now that you've left that job. You didn't need that kind of treatment, having to sit on the floor and pull out heavy books that damaged your hands. They could have found tasks for you that were not so physical, if they had wanted to. Grrrr. You put up with it a lot longer than I would have.

Margie's Musings said...

I needed the money to make my car payment.