Monday, November 9, 2015

Monday and House Cleaning Day

I have stripped my bed and am also washing my towels. This is house cleaning day. As soon as I finish this I will start the floors in the bathroom and kitchen. It will take me a couple of hours to finish.

It is cold this morning. I have the furnace on. It's going to be a cold week. I wonder how Branson will be for Thanksgiving.  Bob and I have decided to go to Branson for Thanksgiving. Diana gave him a gift certificate for Branson for his birthday so he decided to use that.  Leslie is on call that weekend and so I had originally decided to have her and John and Bob and his daughter, Denise, and Dee come here for Thanksgiving but now we have decided to go to Branson instead. My apartment is just too small to accommodate Jeromy and his family too. So Leslie thought that was a good idea. They will just eat out for Thanksgiving.  I hope the weather will hold out that weekend.

Bobby and Karan have an appointment with the neurologist at 8:30 this morning to decide what the next step is for Bobby.  Then tomorrow they will meet with Dr. Gillis, their family doctor. I hope all that turns out with a hopeful outcome.

More later...

Well, the apartment is cleaned, mopped and dusted. It's only a little past 9:30 and I have the bed remade and the dryer clothing put away. I have got a lot finished today and it's still early.  About 10:45, I will start the Chicken Parmesan.  We are having that and a baked potato and veggies for lunch. I think Bob's salad is still good from Friday so I will put it out too. I have fruit and cookies for dessert.  Tomorrow, I will need to bake cookies again. We go through a lot of cookies. :)

I moved the hose reel around to the carport and unhooked it from the faucet.  Missy went out for a little and while I watered the flowers on the carport, she sneaked off. I found her on the east side of the apartment looking around. The carport is pretty cluttered now with my little storage cabinet, the flowers I usually have out in front of the apartment, two small chairs and now, the hose reel. As soon as we get a hard freeze, I will empty the flowers from their containers. Then I will move the empty containers back to the north side...the front.

Here's the mess I've made.

That bag hanging on the blower is my carport trash bag. I sweep the leaves up and put them in that and then I don't have to sweep the very same leaves over and over again. Right under it is my leftover bag of red mulch. After awhile I will re-mulch the flower bed with the lavender. 

I don't know what I will do after lunch.

Well lunch was ruined. Karan called with the worst possible bad news for Bobby. Bobby has a huge terribly aggressive GBM tumor. (Glioblastoma Multiforme brain tumor). The doctor still wants him to go to Tulsa to have the brain biopsy just to confirm his diagnoses but he is 99.5% sure of his conclusion.


He gives Bobby about three months to live.

Karan is devastated of course..as are all of us. What terrible news.


I was over today about 4:00 and took them some Chicken Parmesan.  And I also got a hug from Bobby.  Right now they are just overwhelmed. They have an appointment in Tulsa tomorrow afternoon to talk to a doctor about whether it would even be advisable to have the biopsy under the circumstances.  For one thing, if they have a needle biopsy and it leaks blood into the brain,  it would do more damage. If they open the skull they will encounter healthy brain tissue before they would reach the tumor and once again it would do more damage.


3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I don't try to keep my pot flowers through the winter. My house is too small for that. I always hate to see the frost get my ferns as I love ferns. I am glad you are not having to cook Thanksgiving. My daughter is doing ours. I will fix some dishes but she will hot the dinner.

Galla Creek said...

..host

Anonymous said...

That is terrible mom...She has had such a hard time...bobby is such a good man from what I know of him...life is so precious..its important that we enjoy it as much as possible and never take anyone for granted...by the way..thank you for the book...got it and been reading it. Love you mom!