Saturday, November 21, 2015

Saturday and Breakfast Out

Bob and I went for breakfast at Sirloin Stockade again this morning. Afterward I took him by my apartment to pick up the newspaper so he could read it.  I talked to Scott on the phone while he read it. Scott is interested in one of John and Leslie's Corgy puppies. They are due to be born the first week in December. Ashley, my youngest granddaughter, has one and John and Leslie have two. One is Mini and she is the female who will have the pups. Hoover is the male and the father of the pups. Leslie will take some photos of them after they are born so Ginger and Scott can choose.  They say they want a blond like Mini.

Corgy's are so cute. I had never heard of them before Ashley got hers. This is Mini.  Aren't they cute!

And this is Hoover with Mini....

.And here's a better photo of them both...
 More later....

I was reading a blog from one of my friends who is a PHD and very wise. This is what he has to say about of political situation right now.

 "The Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham, or ISIS, is pursuing a strategy explicitly designed to provoke hostility toward innocent Muslims in Western society in order to radicalize these communities and recruit them to their cause. Listening to the American political debate in the wake of the tragic terrorist attacks in Paris, that strategy may be working. Islamophobic rants are both morally offensive and factually inaccurate and play right into the hands of our terrorist enemies.

ISIS is not hiding its objectives. In its publications, it talks of forcing the world into two camps by “destroying the gray zone” between itself and the forces aligned against it. For ISIS, the gray zone is inhabited by those who have yet to commit to one side in its clash of civilizations. In the February edition of its official magazine Dabiq, an ISIS writer outlined a plan to compel “the crusaders" [the West] to actively destroy the gray zone themselves by generating anti-Muslim hysteria in the wake of terrorism. Attacks such as those in Paris are designed to get Western governments to alienate their Muslim populations and push them toward ISIS."


And I'm sorry to say it may be working.  Is it worth it to alienate the peaceful Muslims in our society?

More even later.... 

After lunch, I went to Bartlesville and began my Christmas shopping.  I got the great grand's gifts and Leslie's.  I also bought myself a sale 3/4 sleeved t-shirt and got a free pair of jeans on a promotion. 
It's almost 4:30 now and I want to sit and read the paper and my new Time magazine. 

Bob came over about 5:00 and read the paper and stayed an hour. After he left, I took my bath and decided to just decided to use the computer until  this football game is over and I can see some news. Then I will go sit in the recliner with Missy...spoiled rotten cat!



No comments: