Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Tuesday and Hair and Cake Day

We have been under a severe thunderstorm warning all night and it will go on until 7:00 AM this morning. It is nearly 6:00 AM now. I never worry much about those things but just prepare what I would do if a severe storm or tornado hit here. I have an inside closet I would get into and pull a large comforter over my head to try to protect my head. The rest is in the hands of God.. I slept like a baby last night. The sound of the rain helps me to sleep.

Today, I hope the rain is over when I leave for Independence to take the cakes up. I will take Sunflower Road to avoid the mud of the detour. I also have my hair appointment at 9:00. The cakes are already in the trunk of my car. Everyone got them over here yesterday afternoon without even having to be called.

Missy is lying here nearby as I type this...waiting patiently for her treats and fresh food. She is a lot of company.

We will have the leftover hamburger pie tomorrow since Bob is going to Independence with me to help with the cakes. We will eat lunch at Big Cheese. Before that we will  go to their Wal Mart Superstore because I have a list of grocery needs going now.  I am hosting the Living the Questions group on Sunday evening and will fix my Apple Brown Betty for our dessert. I need 6 apples for that.

I'd better go get Missy her breakfast before she loses patience with me. :)

More later....

Well we both  had breakfast and then went out a few times on the carport. It is still raining out there.  At 8:15, I picked up Bob and we drove to Independence to have my hair done and also deliver the cakes.  After that we looked around in one of the retail stores up there before going to Big Cheese for our mini pizzas.  Then I dropped him back to his apartment and came on back home to read.  I read most of the afternoon and then played solitaire on my computer for awhile while waiting for the newspaper.

More later....

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

It's interesting to sometimes click on a link on one of the sister's' blogs and check in ith a closer neighbor. Hard times in the world today make me retreat from the scarey world just and read of ordinary people doing normal things.

I believe we are catching up on our lack of rain, don't you think so?

Margie's Musings said...

It appears so, Donna. We received plenty last night and today.