Monday, April 18, 2016

Yesterday was Sunday and I Was Very Busy

I guess I lost yesterday on this blog. I was swamped! First of all, after I made my bed and dressed , I made my coffee cake for the church school class. When we got to church I presided and afterward I drove five of us up to Cherryvale to "Just Us", our favorite buffet there. After we got back in town I did the congregational newsletter and then after that I baked my apple brown betty for the dessert for the Living the Questions group..which I hosted last night. At 6:40, I went to pick up Gary. He doesn't have a car. Bob stayed here and greeted  everyone. It was very busy! After everyone left I loaded the dishwasher and checked my e-mail. I got to bed about 10:45.  The good news is..I slept like a baby.

Now for Monday!

I awoke about 4:00 and went right back to bed for another hour. When I finally got up, I stripped the bed and did a load of laundry, fed the cat and myself. Then I put a roast in the slow cooker for lunch. I have the clothing in the dryer now and can sit down and do this blog.  About 8:30, before I go to exercise class, I will add potatoes and perhaps carrots.    I have some apple brown betty for dessert. I served most of it last night to the group with vanilla ice cream.

Missy wants to go out but it's pouring down rain out there and has rained all night. It began in the middle afternoon yesterday.

I am sitting here with this computer on my lap after also balancing my checkbook. Exercise class will  be restful!

More later...

Exercise class went well and so did the roast dinner.  Right after I cleaned up from that I baked my cake for the First Christian Church in Independence for tomorrow . Bob and I will take the cakes from Coffeyville up tomorrow morning. I have Phyllis' and my own already and Marilyn R will have Karan's this evening, I imagine Bob will put his in the trunk tomorrow when I pick him up. After we deliver the cakes, I will get my hair cut and done and he will visit with his sister, Betty. Then we will eat at Great China.

I have bought some Gorilla glue and am attempting to glue my hen from the set of hen and rooster chickens that Judy gave me when they moved to California. When I pulled the plug on the sweeper this morning, the hen's base broke off. I will try this Gorilla glue. We will see if it will work.

More later...

I haven't tested the glue yet. I tried it and do not know if it will hold or not. After using the glue, one was supposed to have put a weight on it. I don't know how I would have done that with a ceramic hen. So time will tell if it worked. One surface was supposed to have water sprayed on it lightly and the other side have a light application of the glue.

I tried to watch TV this evening but there's absolutely nothing worth watching on Monday evening. TV is terrible anymore. So I'm back on the computer.  I will work on this until 9:00 and then go on to bed. I've had my bath. Bob didn't come over this evening. He still had to ice his cake.

No comments: