Thursday, January 5, 2017

A Very Busy Thursday

I was right about Wednesday. It was a huge day. I got up at 3:30 and got myself dressed and ready for my trip. Scott and Ginger got up about 4:00. Ginger wanted to say goodbye before we left for Jacksonville airport. Scott dropped me off at the American Airlines.  My first problem occurred at the luggage check in there. I wanted to check all three bags. But then I learned that would cost me $200.  That was impossible for me. The nice clerk there suggested I put the computer bag into the large suitcase. He asked my permission to open the bag and I said that was fine. He managed to put the computer bag in the large suitcase. Then I carried the carry-on. That left just one bag to check. That was $25.00. I was a bit rushed getting through security but this time that went smoothly. When I got to my gate we were told the previous group had had an accident and they had a mess to clean up before they could load us. So that threw us at least 30 minutes behind right away. Then the previous group deplaned very slowly and that threw us even later.  I and everyone else finally got onto the plane.

But that made us late getting into Dallas.  I was supposed to get into Tulsa at 10:00 but it was actually almost noon. I was able to text Leslie though so she went shopping in the extra time. She met me at the airport in Tulsa and insisted on carrying my luggage. At first I thought they had lost it but they informed us that it had arrived earlier that morning and brought it out from a storage area,   Then Leslie suggested we eat at Olive Garden...which we did. I love Olive Garden. We had their soup and salad. The soup was my favorite....Zuppa Toscana.  And she bought my lunch. That was sweet of her. Anyhow, then afterward we left for Coffeyville to take me home.

When I got home, Bob was here. Missy was glad to see me. He stayed quite awhile and when he left I started taking down my Christmas decorations and unpacking. I did two loads of laundry and took a bath.  Then Missy and I went to bed. I was exhausted!

This morning after I awoke, I finished taking down my Christmas decorations. I had suggested that Bob go with me to my 7:40 hair appointment at Kathy's salon. Then he could go see his sister, Betty, and we could have breakfast at Eggberts in Independence after Kathy finished coloring and cutting and fixing my hair. I wanted to buy his breakfast for taking care of Missy while I was gone. Betty wasn't up yet so Bob just went to get a cup of coffee.

After we had breakfast, I wanted to go to Walmart there and buy the envelopes and paper and print cartridges for the newsletters that I have to send out by snail mail this week. I also had a few other things on my list. I wanted to go to the Merle Norman  store and buy my makeup base and mascara. I also wanted to attend my Ministerial Alliance meeting in Coffeyville at noon.

I got all that done in the morning. This afternoon I printed off a third of the envelopes and newsletters and will get those in the mail in the morning. Then I will print off another 18 after I get back from the post office. I did not want to burn up my printer by trying to print them all at once.

The hospital called this afternoon with an appointment for me on January 11th for a pre-opt appointment. I was to bring my insurance cards and a list of my meds. It would take about an hour at the hospital. I called the doctor to see if they could do the other related surgery Ginger and I discussed at the same time. He called me back to say he had scheduled it for the same time that day too. 

Bob is going to fix vegetable soup for our lunch tomorrow. I brought home bread sticks from Olive Garden and I will heat those up in the oven to warm them to eat with our soup. Then in the afternoon tomorrow I will try to get the last third of the newsletters and envelopes printed off and  ready to go and try to get them to the post office before it closes.

That big job will be finished for the year.

Now it's 8:30 and I will go to bed. I am really tired. 

1 comment:

Sister--Three said...

All I can say is "whew". What a busy girl you are!