Sunday, May 7, 2017

A Better Night

After taking that codeine cough syrup I slept better with very little coughing until morning. The cough is a little looser this morning but I still feel wiped out.

I have searched the apartment in vain for the DVD for tonight's meeting. I usually keep them all neatly stacked in the cabinet under my TV. But it is not there. I wasn't going to be able to go anyhow. But I was going to send it with Bob. Gary is not up to going either. I just heard from him. It's up to Howard and Judy if they have the meeting.

In the meantime, I need to get some oatmeal down for my breakfast. So I will get back to this later.

I am doing better. The cough is still with me but it is looser now. And so far this doesn't look much like a cold. The mucus is clear.

I am feeling much better too. Maybe this thing is on it's way out. I hope so!

I went out with Missy for a little while and sat in the sun on the patio. She enjoyed that too. She is on the daybed behind me right now...napping.

Bob texted me and asked if I would like to go over to "Just Us" for lunch. I would love to but I had better not. Nothing is more aggravating to me then to have someone who is sick come out and around other people. Karan and Phyllis will be with him. I am not going to expose anyone else to this stuff whatever it is.

More later...

Bob texted me again and said it was just Phyllis and him that were going and neither of them were afraid of what I had.  I was feeling quite a bit better so I decided to go. I was going to drive myself but he offered to come get me. We had a good lunch at "Just Us" and my cough was quite a bit better but I should have taken the cough syrup before I left. By the time I got back home I was coughing again.

I took the cough medicine as soon as I got home. Then I laid down with Missy and watched TV and napped on and off all afternoon. 

Bob came over to watch the news and he chose a DVD to take to Howard and Judy's for the Living the Questions group meeting. I did not try to go. I never did find my "Jesus and The Kingdom of God" DVD. I don't know where it went.

Bob went on at 6:45 and I finished watching 60 Minutes. I laid around all evening until I started coughing again. I put it off until 9:00 and finally took another does before Missy and I went to bed at 10:00. I don't know what to expect tomorrow. If it is not on the way gone by then, I may have to try to go to the doctor.

No comments: