Monday, May 8, 2017

Monday and a Decision to Make

I slept well again last night...thanks to the cough medicine. The cough medicine is nearly gone . I think I have one dose left. I am going to see how the cough is today and maybe I will go to the doctor if it hasn't cleared up by 9:00. What a mess.

It is 6:30 now and I have only coughed one time since 5:00. I do not appear to have a cold. There is no mucus.  What little mucus I have blown is clear. That's very unlike a cold.

I will get breakfast together for Missy and myself and get back to this after we eat. By then, I should know if I still have this cough. I probably will not go to exercise class.

So..more later...

The cough is much better and my voice is almost back to normal. I sat in the sunshine on the patio with Missy for awhile and also watered my flowerbed.  I didn't go to exercise class.

Bob dropped by and brought me a stamp for my last newsletter. He stayed awhile. Then he went on to exercise class.  he said there were several at the class last night. Joyce and the two Bashams came even though they had not responded to my e-mail. Bob was there and Karan and even Marilyn.  She had come home Saturday from her sister's trip. Marilyn has one older sister and one younger sister and every so often they make a trip together. How fun! With the two Bredesens that was seven if I have counted correctly.

I want to do some laundry and wash the bathroom and kitchen floors again. I also need to go to the bank and to the market and also to Brahms for milk.   I will do that while the laundry dries.

I need to strip my bed and wash that too. I didn't get that done last week what with this illness mess and all. I had no energy at all. I don't have a lot today. I will try not to overdo.

More later...

I did two loads of laundry and stripped the bed. I also mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors. I also went to the bank and deposited Howard's check for the DVD I ordered for him. I will remake the bed after the sheets are dry.

Now outside of warming up lunch, I will not do anything else.

I got lunch warmed up and it turned out fine. What little I had left, I put down the garbage disposer.

In the afternoon, I went to the bank the church uses and had some help getting the church's credit card pin number changed.  I had had the old card so long I could not recall the pin number I had used. The bank officer had to help me get that done.

Then I came home and lay down with Missy for a rest. Bob came over for the news and after he left, Missy and I watched TV until 9:00 when we went to bed. I never could get to sleep and I am up at midnight now.

Maybe I can sleep now.

I did get back to sleep slightly after midnight. What a night! I had a lot going on in my mind. 


susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I am glad that your cough is getting better. I think it is so aggravating how tightly
codeine cough medicine is controlled. It seems like normal,law abiding people have to jump through all kinds of hoops to get it for a bad cough once, or twice a year, but people who abuse drugs seem to get their hands on any drug they want.
Years ago I asked my asthma specialist why they were so strict with the codeine cough medicine. He said the government monitors the total number of prescriptions that doctors write for some medications and he didn't want any kind of problems with that. I don't blame him for not wanting any extra government red tape. There is a prescription medicine called Benzonatate , brand name Tessalon Perles, that usually works well for me when I get a bad cough from a cold or sinus infection or asthma, and they aren't as hesitant to prescribe it as they are codeine cough medicine, plus I don't think it slows the digestive system down (to put it delicately) as much as the codeine cough medicine does (at least in my case, anyway.) It works much better than any of the OTC cough medicines for me.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you for that information, Susie. I may buy some to keep on hand. I am nearly out of the one I have with the codeine.