Monday, June 26, 2017

Monday and Another Busy Day

I slept better last night. I got up at nearly 6:00...late for me. I did strip my bed and launder the sheets and pillowcases and then  when they were dry, I put them back on the bed.

Then I dressed and got myself ready for the day and fed myself and Missy and went out and watered all the flower beds. She went out with me and this time she was better and nicer. She came back in when I was ready. She wasn't happy about it but the alternative was to not get to go out at all. I guess she understood that.

I will pick up Bob for exercises in an hour.  After that I will come back home and get ready to leave for Bartlesville. I have a 2:30 appointment with Dr. Webb in Bartlesville.

It will be another big day. I am feeling overwhelmed again. I called Bob and begged off making lunch today. In fact, I just am not up to much of anything today. 

More later....

Leslie called and asked me to go to lunch with her before my appointment. I met her at Tyro and we took her car. We went to McCalister's in Bartlesville and she bought my lunch.  We had a long visit about both of us feeling overwhelmed.  Then she went with me to the podiatrist to see what he thought about my bunion.

He said of the three options I had, I needed the Keller procedure and he said I would be walking on it right after the surgery. There are some procedures I would have to follow such as hanging my left leg out of the tub to bathe so it would not get wet. He said under no circumstances should I shower. I will have to elevate it on the way home and also use ice packs on it 30 minutes on and 30 minutes off it until he tells me to stop. I may do this surgery first. He can probably get to me before Dr. Peaster could. I told him I would wait until I talked to Dr. Peaster tomorrow before making a final decision.  Dr. Peaster may not be interested in redoing the bladder surgery. I will know tomorrow. Then I will make a decision.

Juanita called me while I was in the doctor's office and the call went to voice mail. She has her bank statement and wanted to know when I could come up to Independence to balance her checkbook. I called her back after we got on the road and told her it would be Wednesday morning since I had that doctor's appointment on Tuesday. Tuesday I will take the cakes up, stop by the beauty shop to get my hair done and then go on to Bartlesville for that 11:00 appointment. I will take my Kindle to read.  It may take awhile to get in to see him. Wednesday I will go back to Independence so I can be there at 9:30.

I got home about 3:30 and stopped by Karan's to pick up her cake and also Phyllis'.  Bob brought his over right after 5:00. He stayed until 6:00.  Then I took my bath. I will watch TV until 9:00 and then take my Zyrtec and go to bed.  I hope I can sleep.

No comments: