Sunday, November 5, 2017

Sunday and Church

I set my clocks back before I went to bed last night. I went to bed at the new 9:00...8:00. I was very tired. I awoke at the new 4:00 however....3:00AM. I finally just got up after trying for awhile to shut off my mind and failed to get back to sleep. I have way too much on my mind and cannot seem to shut it down. So, it's 3:40 now and I am wide awake. I am definitely going to have to have a nap today. I have an ache in my back about the lung area. I may take an aspirin or two for that.

Missy missed the litter box again and peed on the bathmat I had just washed yesterday. I just turned it around and hope she will not do it again. I thought if I moved it away from the cabinet she might get further into it but that didn't work. She is just missing both of them on a fairly regular basis now. Old age is no fun for cats either. She will be 15 in March.

I heard from one of our parishioners who lives at Ponca City, Oklahoma. She is having some serious health problems and wants to be included on the prayer list at church.  I forwarded her request to Leslie, who has the bulletin to print this morning. Maybe she can reprint her bulletin if she didn't take the actual bulletins home to print off on her own printer.

Phyllis is driving Bob and me to church this morning and possibly on to "Just Us" afterward.. I will have the coffee cake to take for the Church School class.

More later...

I have the coffeecake baked and iced and it is ready to go. I have read the paper and done the crossword puzzle too.  I guess I am ready for the day.

So more even later. I will be doing the congregation's newsletters when I get home from lunch..

I got the newsletters finished and out on the mailbox after we got home from Just Us..  Then I went out to Walmart to get a few things I needed....including an ink cartridge.for my printer.

When I got home I watched a little TV. All my network channels were running football games. There wasn't much to watch.

Later Bob came over to read the newspapers and watch 60 Minutes...which was running late because of the football game..I could just about do away with TV no more good than I get out of it. Perhaps it's a good thing that my landlady is going to put up an antenna.  There not much worth watching on cable, that's for sure. Certainly nothing worth $94.00 and change with the internet. 

Missy and I went to bed at 8:30...utterly exhausted.

No comments: