Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thursday at Yulee

I slept like a log last night. It was the best night's sleep I've had in weeks. Of course I was exhausted and that usually helps. And it was a great bed too.

The flight went well and that was a great help.

I got up at my usual 5:00 AM and Scott was up and ready to leave for work. He lined me out on what I could do all day until he got home from work. The animals are here...Eddy and I forget the dog's name right now. It will come to me later.

I hooked up one of my old mice to this notebook and that navigates better. The letters on the keys are not bright so I have to have good light on the keyboard.

I will putter today...put away the dishes in the dishwasher and make my bed, dress, and get myself ready for the day.They buy those pre-planned meals and Scott wants me to try to get dinner together this afternoon. He will be here after 2:00 or 2:30 since he went in at 5:30.

I have read the Chronicle and forwarded it on to everyone except Marilyn. I forgot to enter her e-mail address into the address book.

More later....I'd better get dressed and put away the dishes in the dishwasher. I have chores to do....even here..

O.k. I have myself ready for the day and found something for breakfast. I have put away the dishes and fed Eddy. I even let Chloe out to pee. Then she expects a treat for doing that.

More even later....

I let Chloe out again and she defecated. She had a time with that...trying over and over again and finally succeeded. Maybe they don't let her out often enough and she gets constipated. Anyhow, she's a very nice dog.

 I got the television on and saw the news and now the weather.

I have been looking over these meals they get every week. They are more involved then Scott led me to believe especially since I don't know where everything is in this kitchen. I am looking at the Dosa Lettuce Wraps now with spiced chickpeas and Mango Chutney. I am a plain cook and this exotic stuff seems difficult to me. For one thing, I don't know that I have ever had chickpeas or even what "chutney" is. :)

I do know how to do "red bliss potatoes" so I may struggle through this recipe.

More even later...

Scott came home early once his boss learned I was here.

He wanted to get some soup for his lunch and I wanted some oatmeal. So, the first thing we did was into town to the market.  His market sell homemade soup. He ended up buying $61.00 worth of groceries.

We worked together to make that supper. It is one of those meals they send all the ingredients and instructions on how to put it together and you make it up....interesting! They pay $73. a week for three meals. It's all vegetarian and very healthy.

He took a shower and I took a bath and we watched a series on the way the United States was built....very interesting. He just went to bed at 7:30. I will stay up and read for awhile. If I went to bed now, I would be up st 2:00 AM.

So more tomorrow.....goodnight!

No comments: