Saturday, December 9, 2017

Saturday and the Graduation Ceremony

I slept fairly well last night. I awoke at 2:30AM and went to the bathroom and then went back to bed. I was determined to sleep until at least 4:30AM so I would not wear out today when we attend the graduation ceremony.

I got up at 4:30 and made the bed and dressed and ate my oatmeal and drank a cup of coffee. I also put away the dishes in the dishwasher. Then I watched a video on my notebook about a new book that is selling well. It is "The Making of Donald Trump". I also watched Brooks and Shields on video on my notebook because they were interested in watching a movie Friday evening when PBS had the Newshour and Brooks and Shields on. That's fine, I watched them this morning on video. I can't get PBS on TV at home anymore from the antenna anyhow, so I will watch them on my desktop computer and not have to miss their analysis of the news. I have followed the two of them for years.

About 10:00 Scott plans to leave for the graduation ceremony. I hope everyone has finished their breakfast and is ready by then.

I leave tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM from Jacksonville on a Delta flight. I get into Atlanta at 9:21AM and leave for Tulsa at 10:50 AM and arrive there at 12:03PM.  Leslie is on call this weekend so John will pick me up at Tulsa. Atlanta is a huge airport so I hope I have plenty of time to make it to my departure gate.

I guess I will watch the news now with Scott.  More later...

We attended the graduation exercises and they were wonderful. Ashley did so well. Her grades so far are 4 A's and 1 B. Afterward we went to Carribbas for dinner and had a very good dinner. As usual Ginger picked up the tab. I had an opportunity to visit at length with Taresa, Scott's X-wife and their son Jerod.  We all sat together and had a fine visit.

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting, table and indoor

This is Ashley, my granddaughter, and her boyfriend, Jason.

This is Jerod, my grandson, and his mother Taresa at the dinner after graduation.

This is Scott, my son, and Ginger, his wife with Ashley at Carrabbos for dinner after graduation.
Afterward, Ginger drove us home and we went to bed early. Tomorrow at 8:00 my plane leaves for Tulsa, by way of Atlanta. I hope all goes well.

I went to bed before 9:00. I wanted to be up and dressed and packed at 5:00.

No comments: