Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Tuesday and A Hair Day

I slept pretty well last night. I woke up twice but managed to get back to sleep by counting my breaths "one two, one two". Sometimes that works. I am still sleeping on the daybed trundle. It has a comfortable mattress. My mattress on my bed is no longer comfortable for me. And Missy can no longer jump up on the footstool at the foot of the bed to get up on the bed.

I got up at my usual 5:00 AM and started a load of laundry after I fed myself and Missy. Missy is feeling somewhat better. She has begun eating more again and got quite snippy at me when I lifted her up on the daybed to watch me blog. She wanted up there but does not like to be lifted. It seems to hurt her...even though I am very careful. She is lying quietly behind me now watching me type.

I will get my hair done this morning. Also I want to finish my shopping. I want to get three small boxes at Dollar General to put some cookies and peanut clusters in for my neighbors.

We will eat at Great China today in Independence.

After I got my hair done, we went to Sayers Ace hardware to look at all their wonderful Christmas stuff. Neither of us bought anything. I had already bought all my gifts and wrapped them and they are under the tree. Then we went to Walmart and bought the coffee for the church and some more small paper cups. Then we stopped at the other hardware store to check out their Christmas stuff and then Goodys. Mostly we were just killing time until Great China opened. 

Tomorrow we will have tuna cakes and fried potatoes with a veggie, probably corn, for our lunch. Bob will bring his salad.

I am looking for my coffees from Keurig. I ordered them last week and am almost completely out. Bob gave me two pods last night. He got Diana's Christmas gift of coffee and  was delighted when he opened it because he was completely out. Probably Christmas is slowing down our order.

Image may contain: dog

I notice John and Leslie moved the puppies and their mama to the garden house last evening. They have a small radiator out there to keep the chill down.

More later...

The coffee arrived! Bob came over and got his and paid me for it. He did a small load of white clothing in my washer while he was here.

I spent the afternoon making more peanut clusters...some for Scott. He asked me for some when I was in Florida. I filled the small box I was able to find and then took it to the post office and got it in the mail. I then made up boxes for my neighbors here in the fourplex.  They all seemed pleased.

Bob came back later and we watched the news. After he left I took my bath and laid down with Missy on the sofa and watched a movie on Amazon. After it finished, I went on to bed at 9:00. I was very tired. It had been a big day.

No comments: