Monday, January 15, 2018

Monday and Light Snow

I slept well and got up at my usual 5:00 AM. I have made the bed, dressed and fed Missy and myself.
Now I am going to do this blog and then try to print off a newsletter for my member, Billie Jo.

The big problem is that the old XP computer has to convert the 2016 Word  into 2006 Word before the printer will print it. Then it takes me awhile to locate the thumb drive where I have saved the newsletter.

So, more later...

 Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, indoor
This is my daughter at church yesterday. The theme for church was Racial Justice Day because of Martin Luther King Day today. She had a lot of native American artifacts on display for the worship center. She was presiding at the service.

I got the newsletter done and in the mail for the one person who was not there who doesn't have e-mail. The others got it as e-mail.

We will not have lunch today. We will each just stay in and have soup. We each have soup on hand. I had planned to have chili but I didn't make it. It snowed and there is ice under the snow. Where there is no snow, there is just plain ice.

More later ...

You were all aware of the false alarm Hawaiians endured over the weekend.

I borrowed this from the newspaper off one of my blogging friends. Oops is hardly enough!




I would be very unhappy if something like that happened here. More even later....

I made up a couple of new church directories while I was housebound with the snow and ice. I also made up a few church brochures while I had all this "in home" time. Then I ran out of ink cartridge. Walmart is so far east and we have all this terrible weather I won't be going anywhere.

So more later..

But I did go somewhere. I picked up Bob and took him over to Joanne's for a couple of hours and then I went out to Walmart and bought ink cartridges and paper for my old printer. It has been working since the desktop computer is not available. At 4:00 I went back and picked up Bob and visited awhile with Joanne.  Then I took him home and came back myself.

Later, Bob called to ask if I knew if someone had locked up, turned the thermostat up and left the church in good shape. I called Leslie to ask and she assured me that she had checked the doors and seen that they were locked. Also, she had turned the sanctuary thermostat up to 65 because we were expecting sub zero weather overnight. Still I was unsettled. I called Bob and asked him to go out to church with me to check everything over. He agreed. So went drove out there. Sure enough everything was secure and we opened the cabinet doors under the sink   but then I noticed the coffeepot was still on. There was a quarter of an inch of coffee still in the pot. But that pot had been on since Sunday morning. I turned off the pot and washed the carafe and Bob pulled the plug.  Then we drove back to Coffeyville.   The roads were not bad. They had been sanded and I drove slowly.

I felt a lot more secure then.

When I got Bob back home and came home myself, I took my bath, got ready for bed and lay down with Missy and watched a movie I had started the night before and not finished.

At 9:00 Missy and I went to bed.

No comments: