Sunday, March 11, 2018

Sunday and a Basket Dinner

I forgot to set my clocks ahead last night but luckily I woke up at 4:00/5:00 and reset the clocks then.

The pastors had decided to have a basket dinner at the last moment last evening. I set some ground beef patties in the frig to thaw overnight. I was out of ground beef and I wanted to make a meatloaf for the dinner. I also made my coffeecake for the church school class. I called Phyllis to see if she had been notified and learned Sue had left a message on her phone. She was not prepared either. She had to thaw something out and made a veggie dish and a cake.

It's 8:15 now and I have my two dishes in a box to put in my trunk. I don't have time to make anything else. I will pick up Bob A and Phyllis F at 9:00. I will leave about 8:45 or so.

I slept pretty well last night. I woke up once in the night and took my med. Then it was nearly 4:00 when I woke up again. The first thing I did was reset my clocks to 5:00 and then after I fed myself and Missy I started cooking.

I texted Bob to see if he was making his deviled eggs. They always go over well.

He hadn't done anything yet.I hope he gets to it.

More later...

Bob decided not to stay for the lunch, He went with Joanne to eat out instead.

We had a good sized group.  They almost all stayed for the lunch and we had a lot of food.  We always do!

I came home and gave Carmen the leftovers I brought home.  One of the men in Rick's office was hungry but I sure wasn't. So I sent my food back with her. I also copied  off my microwave meatloaf recipe for her and Phyllis. They both wanted it. It's so simple.

I also sent off the weekly congregational newsletter. 

More later....

Carol asked for the recipe for the microwave meatloaf so I put it in the "comments" area of this post.

I read all afternoon and later, after 7:00 and 60 Minutes and their  second episode  I downloaded and rented  "The Mirror Has Two Faces" from Amazon with Barbra Streisand. It had been years since I had seen that movie.  I enjoyed it. Missy and I went to bed about 10:00. I did take a melatonin tablet to help me sleep.




3 comments:

Carol said...

Can you share that recipe with us?

Margie's Musings said...

Sure:

Microwave Meatloaf:
1 lb. ground beef. 2/3 can stewed tomatoes (I blend mine) 1/4 cup onion (I shred mine) 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 Egg, and 1 cup oatmmeal.

Mix ingredients in mixing bowl and pack into loaf pan firmly. Bake in microwave oven for 10 minutes. Then blend the other 1/3 cup of tomatoes with 1 T worchestershire sauce, 1 T brown sugar and 1 T mustard and pour mixture over meatloaf and bake in microwave another 10 minutes. Enjoy!

marlu said...

The meat loaf sounds good - and quick!!!