Thursday, March 15, 2018

Wednesday and a Dinner Theater in Kansas City

I slept well last night but got up just before 5:00.

Today is our dinner theater in Kansas City.

Bob will pick me up about 6:45 for our trip to Independence to the tour bus.  He will get all four of us and so the five of us will spend the day on the tour bus and the New Theater. The bus loads at 7:20.

Stephen Hawking, one of the greatest minds of the 20th century,  died yesterday. He suffered for decades with ALS and outlived almost everyone with that terrible disease. In 1988, after his best selling book, "A Brief History of Time" came out, I bought and read it. It completely changed my understanding of the origin of the universe.  I have virtually no scientific education but he explained  everything so well, that I felt I had a light grasp of the subject matter. I had watched all of the science series on TV of Carl Sagan and was really interested in the subject. I later bought another of his books "The Grand Design".

This will have to be finished this afternoon. So, more later....

Bob came just as I was typing the above.

We had a fine time yesterday. In the back of my mind most of the day was the fact that my daughter was having her surgery on her nose where she had had squamous cell carcinoma diagnosed. She and John went to Tulsa for her 8:30 surgery. During dinner she finally texted me that it appears to be fine. She goes back in two weeks for an evaluation and perhaps have her stitches out.

We enjoyed the play and dinner. We gt back home about 7:30. I pretty much took my bath and watched one program on Amazon before Missy and I went on to bed about 9:00.. 

No comments: