Saturday, May 19, 2018

Saturday and Breakfast at Eggberts and A Birthday Party

I slept very well last night again and, in fact, didn't wake up until 5:45. Then I got myself around and fed Missy and took out the trash and then picked Bob up for breakfast at Eggbert's.

That was a fiasco. There was a reunion of some kind in the next room and they were so noisy yelling and carrying on that we could not even visit. We left as soon as we ate and paid our bills. That was a waste. I would rather have had just my oatmeal and peace and quiet during breakfast, They were so noisy no one else in the main dining room could visit either.

I watched some of the royal wedding this morning. She looked very happy afterward but he was pretty solemn. 

I don't really have a plan for today. If it doesn't rain, I will water later on.

Leslie and John got to Galveston late last evening and will have left this morning for their cruise to Bermuda.

I will bake my coffeecake for the church school class in the morning. I have the sermon.

More later....

It did rain this morning. Then it stopped.

So, I went to the market and picked up Wayne's birthday cake this morning. I wasn't sure they would have it ready that early but they did. So, we are ready for the party at 3:00.

I heated up my basil tomato soup for lunch and had it with cheese and crackers. I am full now. I had had a large breakfast and lunch was just too much.

Rick and Carmen's son, Alan, is leaving to go back to Alabama today. His girl friend and he made up. And he got a good paying job in the oilfields there.

I gave Carmen my old two year old Hoover vacuum sweeper, the bags and the instruction book. She had sent hers home with Alan so he would have a sweeper for his apartment. I didn't need it since Leslie gave me a new one that picks up cat hair much better then the Hoover. The new one is a Black and Decker.

Bill and Evelyn and Marilyn and I went over to Wayne's and we took a strawberry decorated birthday cake and Marilyn provided the vanilla ice cream, the plates and the forks. We sang "Happy Birthday" to him for his 98 years tomorrow.  His daughter, Darlene, was there too and Merrill came in soon after we got there.  We went today with our party because tomorrow his family will be there.

It rained really hard again about an hour ago. But I believe the rain has moved on now. We are under a storm watch until 10:00 this evening.

I'm not sure I will take my bath at 7:00 as I usually do until I find out what the storm watch  will bring.

I did take my bath at 7:00...the worst of the storm was over until the middle of the night. Missy and I watched two episodes of "Nature" on Amazon Prime TV. At 9:00, we went to bed.

No comments: