Sunday, May 20, 2018

Sunday and Coffee Cake and the Sermon

I  slept poorly last night. I took my meds about 1:00 and also took my Melatonin tablet but this time it didn't work. Finally an hour a half later , I took a Benadril tablet. Even then, it took awhile to take effect. I finally got up at 5:45.

I have dressed, fed Missy and myself and will start the coffee cake soon. John and Leslie will not be at church and therefore, neither will the two little grands. We may have a very small congregation what with the storm and all. In the middle of the night the storm came back. I haven't even looked outside yet.

I have the coffeecake in the oven now and am ready to read the newspaper. I took Bill and Evelyn's newspaper over to them too.

More later...

O.K. the coffeecake is out  and I need to ice it now.

O.K., it's iced and ready to go. I have also written my check for my offering. And I have called Phyllis and she will be ready at 9:00 to ride with Bob and me to church.

More even later...I'd better look over that sermon.

The sermon was not all that great.

Afterward there were nine of us who went up the the Railroad Inn for lunch but they had a sign on the door that said they had had a lightning strike during the storm yesterday and were closed. Then we went out to Great China and they were closed too. Finally we went to Maria's and they were packed but that's where we ate dinner. I was not all that impressed.

Then I came home and did my Crossroads Congregation newsletters.

Missy had peed on the third mat under her litter box so I did a load of laundry including those mats. Darn cat! 


This is my eldest son, just back in the country from Athens, Greece.



Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, cloud, sky and outdoor He travels a lot in Europe.

More even later...

I saw Merrill and Wayne out on Wayne's porch so I walked down there to visit. Merrill had  to finish his laundry so he went home to do that and I sat down to visit with Wayne. This is his 98th birthday.

I came home around 6:15 to watch the rest of 60 Minutes. After I finish this, I will take my bath and get ready for bed. Then I will watch "Nature" again.

More later....

And that's exactly what I did. I took my bath at 7:00 and watched "Nature" until 9:00, when Missy and I went on to bed.


No comments: