Monday, July 2, 2018

Tuesday and Hair Day

I slept pretty well last night. I woke up twice but after going to the bathroom to take my med and cleaning up Missy's litter box, I got back to sleep and slept until 5:00AM....my regular wake up time.

I have fed Missy already and have myself ready for the day.

I have to be in Independence at 7:30 to have my color touched up. Kathy missed part of the back and will redo that this morning. I will drop by Juanita's and pick up my calculator. I left it there last week when I balanced her check book. Then, if they are open, I will stop by the Merle Norman place and buy some mascara. Mine is pretty well gone.

The plumbers are to be here at 8:30 to put the Y in the drain under my sink in the bathroom and Bob will come over and let them in. I will get back home as quickly as I can.  They will also have to get into the apartment next door. Carmen is to leave a key.

I took everything out from under the sink here last evening. 

More later...I had better get my breakfast now.

I ate my breakfast and then took Missy out while I watered my flowers. When I got back from Independence, the plumber was here. he worked until 12:00 or so and finally finished the job. I went over to Marilyn's and worked on her computer and also got Cox to tune it up. Now it works much faster.

Marilyn and I went to lunch at the Kansas Buffet and when I got home I tried to patch that hole with a piece of cardboard but it was just too irregularly shaped. I texted Betty about it and asked when Emmett could come repair the hole. I told her I would be gone from the7th until the 13th to camp

I am full now. Lunch was good..

Betty finally got back with me and told me Emmet would be here on Thursday to patch the hole under my bathroom sink. I am to go to Chanute on Thursday to meet with Gay and a friend or two at Opie's. I don't know how early Emmet will be but maybe I can find out from Betty later today. I hate to cancel my date with Gay but I may have to do that. 

Later this evening I watched the movie "Chappaquiddick". It was, of course, about the crisis Ted Kennedy caused by leaving the scene of an accident where he drove his car off a narrow bridge and he escaped the water drowning but he left Mary Jo to die in that car.  It was interesting to see how easy it often is for a rich person to escape the law. He didn't report the accident until 9 hours after it happened. He was sentenced to two years...suspended sentence. ..and that was for leaving the scene of the accident.

At 9:00, Missy and I went to bed.

No comments: