Sunday, July 1, 2018

Sunday and Church and a Cookout

I slept fairly well last night. I did get up at 4:00AM but that's not all that unusual when I go to bed at 9:00PM. Scott called last evening to tell me about a movie he had watched and recommended to me. I forget the name right now as I am having a senior moment.That happens a lot anymore.

Missy is in on my bed napping again. That old cat sleeps most of the time.

I got myself and Missy ready for the day. I fed myself and her and got dressed for church...wearing jeans because as soon as the service is over, we will go out to my kids' for the cookout. I didn't want to wear my good clothes for that.

I have read the paper and done the crossword puzzle.

It's 7:40AM now and I will call Phyllis at 8:00AM to tell her I will drive. Bob is picking up Joanne at 10:15 and they may want to leave the cookout sooner then Phyllis and me. So I decided to drive.

I worked over my potato salad this morning. It was just too bland. I added some more pickles and mustard. It's better now.

When I get home from the cookout, I will do the newsletters I send out to those who miss church.

More later...

We had a very good service and a nice crowd. Then we all went out to John and Leslie's and had the cookout with a lot of great food. After those who wanted to swim were finished, Leslie served the homemade ice cream. It was delicious! Everyone came out there and Rick and Carmen even brought four guests.

Rick and Carmen will be moving on Tuesday. I will miss them as my neighbors. I haven't a clue who will move in next door next.

There will be no local serves next Sunday since many of us will be at our family camp. I will leave a sign on the door in case someone comes to go to church.

I got the newsletter finished and ready for the mailman tomorrow. The others went out in e-mail. I think everyone had a great time.

It's almost time for 60 Minutes and if I can get reception, I want to watch that.

So, more later....

I watched 60 Minutes and then I took my bath and Missy and I watched "I Can Only Imagine" on Amazon Prime. After that, we both went to bed.

No comments: