Friday, July 27, 2018

Friday and Exercises Again

I woke up before 2:00AM and had a hard time getting back to sleep. My right shoulder hurt a lot. I had taken an Aleve before bed but it didn't seem to work as well as usual.  I finally did though and slept until almost 5:00AM. Then I got up, made the bed and got myself ready for the day. Then I fed Missy and myself. She is lying here at my feet waiting for daylight so she can go outside. It's almost 6:00AM now.

I will go on to exercise class but will be careful of the right arm and shoulder.

I will have some of my tomato basil soup for lunch. I will have it with cheese and crackers. I may take some of it to Marilyn. She likes it too.

I need to dust today and check the filter in the air conditioner. And I need to do some laundry this morning.  I need to wash my towels too.

I got the watering finished too and put the laundry in the dryer. So, more later...

I went on to exercise class and gave Karan a birthday card while there. Today is her 76th birthday. She wants to go to Bartlesville tomorrow to shop for herself. She asked me to go along too. We will leave at 9:15 or so.

I folded out my laundry and also took Missy out for awhile again. It was a constant battle of the wills to keep her in the carport area. There is nothing but hot sunshine around on the patio. Finally, after running her back four or five times, I made her come back into the apartment.

I have a discussion with the husband of a friend going.. about the tapes Cohen made of Trump's phone conversation. It has been independently attested by an expert now.


An independent analysis of the Cohen tape was provided by audio forensics expert Ed Primeau. He has worked in the industry for over 30 years and has provided testimony as an expert witness in hundreds of cases. Primeau says he has performed thousands of audio enhancements throughout his career.

Primeau was not provided a transcript and was asked to create one based on what he heard in his analysis.

In the tape, Cohen said "we'll have to pay" to purchase the rights to McDougal's story. The audio forensics expert concluded that Trump then responded with, "I'll pay with cash," to which Cohen immediately replied, "no, no, no," several times, appearing to reject the idea of paying with cash.

Primeau said his analysis was completed with tools that enhance volume, isolate dialogue and examine sound waves on a screen. He said he asked another expert at his firm to weigh in and they reached the same conclusion.

"I was in the room all day today. I enhanced the recording," Primeau said on Wednesday. "I listened to the words and I typed them as I heard them. I didn't know anything about this story prior to starting. So remaining unbiased was a key into the work that I did. And I stand behind what I've transcribed and presented tonight."


Primeau also noted that the conversation, as broadcast for the first time Tuesday night was clearly cut off at the end of the tape. The conversation about the potential payment appears to have been interrupted in the middle of Trump saying what sounds like "check," and abruptly cuts to a different person for a few seconds.

Primeau said he doesn't regularly follow the news so he can "stay unbiased" in his work. He hasn't given money to political candidates, according to Federal Election Commission records.

I did finally get to take Missy out and she behaved pretty well. We stayed out as long as she was interested. Finally she needed to come in and eat something and have some water.

This evening we watched an episode of 48 hours. Then at 8:30, we just went on to bed. I was very tired.

2 comments:

marlu said...

Very interesting as Arte Johnson used to say. I hadn't heard about this. Thanks for posting.

Margie's Musings said...

You bet, Marlu! I always try to do my homework.