Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Tuesday and Hair Day

I slept terrible last night and woke up several times during the night. I probably went to bed too early. Finally, I got up at 4:00AM...I simply could not sleep any later. I got myself ready for the day and fed Missy and myself.

I turned on the Channel 6 news and will try to catch the CBS news later. It comes on at 8:00AM. As soon as daylight comes, I will try to take Missy out for awhile. Right now she has given up trying to get me to take her out. It's only 6:10AM so it's still pretty dark out there but is getting lighter.

The weather is very mild. It is 64 degrees right now and this is the 31st of July. Unusual is the only word for it. Channel 6 says it won't last and will get hot again. 

I have a hair appointment at 11:30AM this morning. Toni is working toward getting me a standing appointment at 9:00AM or thereabouts. But it will take awhile.

I took Missy out for awhile but she seemed to find it too chilly and wanted to come back in. So...she's back on my bed..napping.

Now the CBS news is on and I will watch it now. More later...

After the news, I cleaned the apartment and then went to my hair appointment. After that, I came home and ate some tomato basil soup with cheese crackers. I had a small ice cream bar afterward for dessert.

Then  took Missy out on the patio for awhile. She really enjoyed that and behaved herself too.

I printed out Marilyn's flight printout and took it over to her. She is going to Salt Lake City in September to see her new granddaughter.

I read all afternoon and finished my book. It was John Grisham's "Camino Island". It was interesting.

Then I came home and attempted to watch the CBS evening news but the picture just continued to tear. I can watch it by streaming it in the morning.  In about an hour I will take my bath and put my PJs on and watch a program or two on Amazon Prime. Then Missy and I will go to bed at 9:00PM.

3 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

We ( southwestern PA ) have this cooler weather break as well :)

Sometimes I sleep through 5-6 hours at a clip but generally I wake every 3-4 hours for a drink of water / go to the bathroom : ) having dogs around ( my own two plus having a younger one belonging to this or that son of mine ) also interrupts a good sleep cycle :)

Margie's Musings said...

That's true, Deb. Having Missy sleeping with me may interrupt my sleep too.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Since my knee surgery, my sleep pattern is all messed up. I feel sorry for my little Fuzzy Pomeranian. No matter how quiet I try to be, I wake him up. In a few months he will be 14 years old and is mostly deaf now, so he sleeps very soundly, but I suppose our wood floor vibrates with my footsteps, and it wakes him when I get up to go to the bathroom. For some reason he thinks it is his duty to get up and walk me to the bathroom, wait, and then walk back with me, and then he goes back to sleep in his doggie bed. If he slept in bed with me, I would be waking him up even more, because I move around forever to get comfortable.