Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Wednesday and a Better Night's Sleep

I slept better last night...only woke up 12:30AM. I went right back to sleep until almost 5:00AM ..then I got up. Of course, I had taken a Aleve...not that it did a lot....but it might have helped a little.

I got myself ready for the day and fed myself and Missy. Then when it got light, I took her outside. It was a little chilly so she didn't stay out long. Then later, I took her out on the patio and we stayed out there while I dead headed the petunias and the roses. It was still pretty chilly so she didn't mind coming back in. It's 63 degrees right now at 7:09AM.

I am still thinking about skipping exercises this morning since my right shoulder has been so sore. I may just be aggravating it.  I could still go to Bunco this afternoon.

I cleaned the apartment yesterday and that vacuuming may have aggravated it even more...even though I mostly used my left arm to push the vacuum. Bob thinks I might need an x-ray to see just what is going on in there. I just don't know how I would function without a right arm while I went through some kind of physical therapy.

More later...

Because of the Texan who wants to let anyone..anyone at all.... download plans to build three D  printable guns,which cannot be regulated or traced, the second amendment needs to be examined more carefully.

The amendment reads: “A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

In the day this was written in 1791, there was no standing army and no police forces.  Communities were dependent on militias for protection against Indian and enemy raids.

Terrorists will have no problem at all downloading these plans and using them to build untraceable weapons.

This amendment needs to be updated by the Supreme Court with our present society and culture in mind.

More later....

I ate some more of my tomato Basil soup for lunch and had an ice cream bar for dessert. Then I took my used ink cartridges to the library  to donate.

Then I went on to Bunco at the senior center. There were only seven of us that showed up but we still had a good time. One couple bought prizes for the game and we were not aware of that. Community State Bank had been providing some  money for prizes after thy bought out the Condon Bank. They recently gave that up. This couple bought three lovely decorative pillows and donated them for most Buncos, most wins and most losses. That was so nice of them! Mine had lovely birds on it! I had the most wins so I got to choose my pillow. We each did! Karan had the most Buncos and Darlene had the most losses.

This is the pillow I chose:

Image may contain: indoor

Vic brought me a sack of Porter peaches while I was gone to Bunco. They aren't quite ripe so he called later after I was home to tell me to leave them out on the counter for a day or two to let them ripen better. That was awfully nice of him. Earlier this year he had brought me strawberries. I fixed them and shared those with Maureen and Marilyn.

If these work out well, I will share them too.

I took my bath after the CBS news went off. I watched that and Channel 6 news on my notebook since the TV antenna was not working well the the picture was tearing.

Then Missy and I watched a couple of episodes of old Perry Mason TV shows. At 9:00 I went to bed and I am pretty sure Missy will be along shortly.

1 comment:

marlu said...

That is a very pretty pillow!