Friday, August 31, 2018

Friday and a Sleepless Night

I had a terrible time sleeping last night. I got to sleep alright but woke up at 2:00AM.  My right rotater cuff pain woke me up and I couldn't turn over on my left side because of a very sore ear. Dr. Eslicker had shot it with his cold blast for a developing cancer on it. I did finally get up and take another melatonin.  That did not work. I had not eaten anything in the afternoon so hesitated taking an Aleve for the pain on an empty stomach.

I need to get some more yogurt today. I also need to do some more cleaning.  That may be difficult with a sore rotater cuff on the right side. The left ear is still sore too. I am in not too good shape today for anything. I will not attend the exercise class. Five hours sleep is not enough.

Missy is still in on the bed. It's 4:40AM  now and I have been awake since 2:00AM and am dressed but have not put my makeup on yet.  I really feel wiped out. I don't think I should try to take a nap though or I may not sleep tonight.

I'll go ahead and finish getting  myself ready for the day and eat some oatmeal for breakfast. Then I can take an Aleve for the rotater cuff. I took Missy outside for a little while but in a little while there was a dog barking in the neighborhood and she wanted back in the apartment.

So, more later...

I did get myself ready for the day but haven't taken the Aleve yet.  Missy is wanting to go outside. But it's still dark out there so she is having to wait until daylight.

The TV is tearing again this morning. That antenna isn't worth anything at all. I seldom get a clear picture except on streaming Amazon Prime.

The weather says we  are going to reach triple digits today.  That will keep me in the apartment. I do need to go over to Brahms and get milk and yogurt.  Otherwise,  I will just stay in. I need to clean but am just not up to it.

More even later....

I decided to go to Independence  to Carol Fairbank's funeral. She and Paul were great friends of Bob's, my husband.. They all three went to New York at 9/11 from the Red Cross of Montgomery County.

I told Leslie, my daughter, where I would be and she suggested we meet at Big Cheese for lunch. She bought my lunch and we had a good visit.

Afterward I came back home and went to Brahm's to get my milk and six yogurt. Then I went back later for ice cream. They had them two cartons for $6.00. And I had a small bowl of ice cream for supper.  Now if I need to, later in the night, I can take some Aleve for my rotater cuff. I read some in my book in the afternoon and I found Forensic Files on Amazon Prime and watched an episode of that. It got very hot this afternoon.  I also worked a little on my Sunday sermon.

I texted Bob Avery to see if my niece, Diana, and her husband, Tony, got in today and he said they did. They invited me to lunch at the senior center tomorrow noon. I will go because I want to visit with them too. It was good of them to invite me.

Later this evening, Missy and I watched a couple more episodes. I took my bath and put my PJs on and then at 9:00 we will go to bed. I hope I can sleep tonight.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Sure hope you get a full night's sleep!

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Sister-Three. Thanks for thinking of me.