Thursday, August 30, 2018

Thursday and Another Good Night's Sleep

I slept very well last night...thanks to a melatonin tablet before I went to bed. Then I awoke in the night, went to the bathroom and took another melatonin tablet and slept the rest of the night.

I got up at 5:00 and dressed and got myself ready for the day, fed myself and Missy. 

Sometime today I will go over to Caney and meet Nancy for lunch.  So far, every time I have gone to eat with her, she has insisted on buying my lunch. I intend to buy hers today.

We are forecast for rain today.  I washed my car a couple of days ago. It was filthy.

I am watching the Tulsa news on the TV this morning . For some reason, the picture is not tearing this morning...so far. It's a mystery to me.

I just heard from my younger son. He doesn't call as much as he used to. He has a wonderful wife now and a very good life.That must be a very good reason for staying with a job he does not like.

Missy is sure wanting to go outside. Unfortunately it is still dark out. She will have to wait.

More later....

Finally it got light and I took her out for awhile. Then I took her around back while I deadheaded the flowers. She stayed close by and I didn't have to chase her at all . Later, I took her out again and again she was good and stayed around me. Finally, I called Nancy and she wanted me to come over and visit and then we would go to lunch. So I brought Missy in and I took off for Caney.

Nancy and I had another good visit. She insisted on buying my lunch again. She says I dive over there and she doesn't have to leave town.

She stood up to her son and did not agree to go to either a nursing home or assisted living. She said he was disappointed that she wouldn't but when he left he had decided that she would not be doing that as long as she was in her right mind. She was happy about that.

I came home about 3:30. I have that book discussion group at 5:30 this evening and it looks like it might rain.

More later....

The discussion group turned out to be interesting. It was only five of us to discuss the book but perhaps it will grow.

When I got home, I took my bath and watched Amazon Prime with Missy until 9:00 when we both went to bed. It was a busy day.


No comments: