Saturday, September 15, 2018

Saturday and Morning TV.

I slept well last night again. I got up at 2:30AM to take my med and my meatonin tablet. I had just got back to sleep and some sort of alarm went off on my phone. I struggled to get to it and then had a time figuring out how to turn it off. Finally I tapped it and got it off. I got up for a little while to try to check if it would go off again after I just barely got back to bed. But I could not even discover what that alarm was. I checked the calendar and also the alarm clock. It didn't seem to be either of those. I went back to bed and back to sleep until 5:00AM. I got up then and got ready for the day.

I fed myself and Missy. She is back on my bed now taking a nap.

I have TV this morning for some strange reason. I had none last night. It is so erratic. I have a call in to the only TV shop left in the area. I don't know whether they are even open on Saturday. I want to see if Mr. Schabel has any idea where I can find a pole for an antenna. I left my name and telephone number on his answering machine. I don't think they are open on Saturday though.

I want to get back to the book today. I am about 3/4 through it now. It's a revelation even worse then I thought. Shades of the Nixon scandal.

It's now 6:25AM and I am watching the news about the hurricane. It is moving slower then they thought.

More later....

This month, Ginger and Scott's contractor start  their new home.



It will take the better part of a year to build.  I can hardly wait to see it.

Report on "Fear: Trump in the White House":

Well, I finished the book at 10:00AM this morning. It was phenomenal!  It is a masterpiece of reporting. How he got all those folks to cooperate is amazing. Thank goodness for "Deep Background". Without it, the book would not have been possible.  At the end there are 29 pages of  "source notes". And he has a lot of tapes too.

More later...

I tried to take Missy out for awhile this afternoon but she was determined to run off. I finally just had to bring her in and was she mad!  She doesn't seem to realize that if she stays close around, she can get outside more.

I went back out to Walmart and bought a few more things this afternoon.  For one thing I had to descale my Keurig. It had become nearly impossible to use.  It sprayed coffee everywhere. It had been awhile since I had descaled it. It was long past due. But it is such a mess to do, I just put it off as long as I could. It's done now.

Missy has been pestering me and I just figured out what she wanted. She wanted her treats.

I tried to watch the news this evening but college football is on until 6:00PM and it is tearing again..  I may just have to watch CBSN  on the computer again.

More later...

At 6:00, I was able to watch the news on TV. After that was over, I  took a shower and washed my hair and then Missy and I watched Amazon Prime until bedtime. Then we went on to bed.

No comments: