Sunday, September 16, 2018

Sunday and a Dinner at Church

I awoke at 2:30 to go to the bathroom. My right arm was aching something fierce and my right leg was every bit as bad. I stood it as long as I could and then at 3:35 or so, I got up and took an Aleve. It was just too bad to even try to sleep. On top of that, I had terrible sinus drainage. I knew I couldn't take both an Aleve and a Benadryl tablet so I settled on the Aleve for that pain. Then I just got up. Lying down nearly drowned me in sinus drainage. It's 4:00AM now and the pain is just beginning to subside.

It might be a tough day. I have to fix a meatloaf for the dinner at church. ...if I am able to go to church by then. The leg pain is worse then the arm pain and that's saying something.

Maybe I can take something for the sinus' that doesn't put me to sleep. I will wait an hour and see if the sinus' stop draining since I am up. I hate to mix too many drugs.

More later...

It's 5:35 now and the pain is lots better. Aleve works!

I will wait awhile before I put my meatloaf together. It will have to be warmed up in the church microwave anyhow.

I used my curling iron and tried to do something with my hair. It doesn't look like much but at least it's clean.

More even later....

I  got my meatloaf finished and even took Missy out while I watered flowers. That didn't last long. The first chance she got, she wandered off so I went and picked her up and brought  her back in the house. She never learns! She was furious! That's the way it's going to be though. I don't intend to spend my mornings chasing an errant cat! I know when we had our own home and she was younger, she had the run of the neighborhood but we didn't have any cats in the neighborhood she couldn't whip..or at leas chase off. At 15 and a 1/2 , she can no longer take care of herself and I cannot afford a vet to patch her up any longer.

So, in about an hour, Bob will come and pick me up and then get Phyllis too. He is driving this morning. I mustn't forget John's birthday gift either.  I had better put it next to my purse.

More later....

I gave John his present and he seemed pleased with it. It was a "gone fishing" pillow and a gift certificate for El Pueblo Mexican restaurant. 

We went on to church and afterward had our dinner. For some strange reason, there were three meatloaves and not much other main dishes. Luckily Bob had brought his cabbage .and sausage dish and that went over well. brought all but one piece of my meatloaf  home and took it over to Marilyn. She always takes anything I want to give her and I am grateful.    

After I got home, I did the newsletters and then laid down to watch some Amazon Prime with Missy. I even inadvertently took a short nap.

I am watching the Oakland/Denver football game when the picture is stable. Afterward I hope to be able to watch 60 Minutes.

After that, I will take my bath and watch some more Amazon Prime before Missy and I go to bed..

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hope you are better! Sounds really disabling!

Margie's Musings said...

It's terrible, Sister-Three! The leg is better now but the arm is still sore...just not as bad as earlier.