Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Tuesday and a Short Night

I went to bed at 9:00PM last night and woke up at 3:00AM. I managed to get back to sleep until 4:00AM when I just gave up and got up. I dressed and got myself ready for the day. I fed myself and gave Missy her treats and ground her dry cat food smaller in my pecan grinder. Then I gave her some of that soft food too. So far, she has managed to keep all that down.

She is back on my bed again now.

This morning at 9:00AM I have my hair appointment here and later a trip to Independence to deliver the cakes to the First Christian Church in Independence.  Then the rest of the day is up for grabs.

Karan brought her cake late last evening. She had been shoveling dirt away from the crawl space opening under her house and she had hurt her back.  I told her she needed to get someone to help her with that. She said "who would I get?"  She has a point. When we have lost our husbands and our boys live far away like hers do, we are the ones who have to do those things. Karan is very short and already has a bad back.  Before she tries to finish that job, I am going to offer to help her with that. I may be old but I am strong. I rake leaves and bag them and I can surely dig out that dirt.

Bob and his girl friend are going to drive to Branson today. They will be back tomorrow. She has some serious health problems so I hope they can manage. They intend to go to Silver Dollar City and also attend a music show this evening. I told him to be careful and not overdo it. They are 84.

I will need to go to the bank and get some more money before my hair appointment this morning.  It's only 6:00AM so I have some time on that.

More later....

I got some money from the bank and later got my hair done too. Then I went on to Independence to  deliver the cakes and go see Juanita. She is leaving the day after Thanksgiving for her son's home near Chicago. I will balance her checkbook one more time before she leaves Independence.  Then I came home and ate lunch and took Missy out for awhile.

I read this afternoon until the Schwan's man came. Then took my bath and lay down with Missy to watch TV for awhile.

More later...

About 8:00PM, we both went to bed. I was very tired.


No comments: