Saturday, November 3, 2018

Saturday and Again, no Particular Plans

I slept poorly last night and finally just got up at 4:00AM. I must have woken up five times in the night.  I don't know what the problem is. That is just so aggravating!

I have made the bed and got myself ready for the day. 

I don't have a plan for today except to make some notes about the book I read yesterday. I will just play it by ear.

More later. I have fed Missy but have not had my breakfast yet and I should eat my oatmeal and juice.

So, more later....

O.K. I have had my breakfast, my coffee, and my Chai Latte. I have been watching CBS this morning but I am thinking of going to Bartlesville. I have asked Karan and she's game. I asked her to ask Gretchen, who is back here from Florida.  I haven't heard back from her yet. I am dressed (except for my shoes) and ready to go. I told her I would pick her up at 9:30. I haven't been out of town in ages.....except for Independence to deliver the cakes and balance Juanita's check book.  It's been awhile since I have been to Bartlesville. We will probably eat at McCalister's.

I need to clean out my car trunk while I am waiting to hear from Karan. I have the Ministerial Alliance stuff in there. We dissolved the Coffeyville Ministerial Alliance on Thursday. We just didn't have enough participation to make it worthwhile trying to deal with it. I had eight reservations for lunch and six showed up. That's the way it has been in months. We used to have 16 or 17 coming in the past. We donated our dues money to the Genesis program, which helps the poor and Midwest Pregnancy Center which helps poor mothers with their expenses. We also made a donation to the cook that has provided our lunches. It's a pity but there just wasn't any interest anymore.

Independence's Ministerial Association dissolved several years ago.

More later....

I took Karan and we went to Bartlesville and after she did some shopping, we stopped at McCalister's for lunch. It was very good. She went to Lowe's first and bought a new faucet for her bathroom. Then we went to Christopher and Banks and she bought some new clothes. I bought Scott's birthday gift across the aisle. I will box it up after I get back from Phoenix and send it to him. I think he will get a bang out of it! Later,  I may buy one for Leslie for Christmas.

I got home about 3:00PM and took in my mail. I let Missy out for awhile while I swept the leaves off the carport and  then I went around to the patio to look for her. She was nowhere to be found! I was alarmed! She is so old that if she wanders off, she might forget where we live now. I walked down to the back yard and looked and called but  she was no where in sight. Then I went over to Kenny's area next door to the east and looked and looked and called. No Missy! Then I came back home and there she was at the carport door wondering where on earth I was!

We came back in the house. It's now 3:45PM and I am so relieved to have found her....at our own carport door.

More later...

I began re-reading a book that Karan returned to me today and read until time to watch the news. A football game was on so I switched to Amazon Prime and watched some of that.  I turned the clocks back an hour before I went to bed and re-charged my phone.

We went to bed about 9:30.


No comments: