Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Monday and Leslie Comes.

Leslie came early and we began putting things together that took two hands to do. She helped me hang two large mirrors and the hanging curio cabinet.  I had put everything that need to be put in the corner curio cabinet away before she got here. I fixed us some lunch from that tomato basil soup I have in the frig. I had had some of it Sunday night and it was good.

After lunch she tackled the job of installing the USB wireless internet adapter. She worked for hours and never did get it done. It connected once but then disconnected. Finally she moved the computer in next to the TV and tried to hookup an Ethernet cord to it so she could get some help from my Cox Complete Care.  She dealt with two different guys who just couldn't get the job done. Finally she decided that wire was not an Ethernet wire and said she had one at home and would bring it tomorrow.

We tried to hang a valance in the bathroom but ran onto a metal plate and ended up making a mess. The speckling compound broke off and the new paint job in there up by the window there was ruined.  I was sick about it.  

Finally she had to go get John and go pick up the little girls( their grandchildren). She said she and Cyndi would come back tomorrow afternoon with an Ethernet cable and get it finished.  I called Suzanne and told her about the mess we made and she made little of it. She said Steve would come by tomorrow or the next day and put some more speckling compound on that area and when it dried he would repaint it.

I worked the rest of the day hanging more pictures and finding a place for everything. I even tried t wash the den windows on the outside. That didn't work out very well. There was too much mud where I was trying to set my kitchen step chair. I will do it again when It is dry out there.

Finally, at 7:00PM, I took my bath. At 9:00PM, I went on to bed.  I still am not sleeping very well. I am worried about the internet connection to the desktop computer.

No comments: