Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Wednesday and Hanging the Rest of the Pictures.

I slept well last night. I got up at my regular time...5:00AM, dressed and got myself ready for the day. Then I tried using those Command strips to hang the last three pictures in that den room with the cement board siding on it. They would not stick for long. All three fell down after ten or 15 minutes. It must be that cement board. They just would not hold on that slick surface. I will have to come up with another solution.

I am going to load up the rest of the trash and take it to that dumpster by the car wash. I was not home when the trash people came yesterday so they only picked up what I had out on the curb. That left three large boxes and the flat boxes Leslie broke down on Tuesday. I will put the boxes in the trunk and take them to the car wash dumpster. That will leave the flattened boxes Leslie broke down for the trash people to pick up on next Tuesday.

So, more later....

I took everything but those flattened boxes to the car wash dumpster.  Now I think the trash is manageable.

I called Nancy and asked her if she wanted to go to Independence with me. I was going to visit the social security office and make sure that the online address change I made really was saved. The Medicare people said they had no address change and Social Security is supposed share those changes with them.

Nancy wanted to go to get out of town.  It was a beautiful day except for the cold. It was 21 degrees by noon. Sure enough, the Social Security address change didn't work. So the lady at the Social Security agency in Independence made the necessary changes.  Then Nancy insisted on buying lunch.

We had a good visit. I was glad I had asked her.

I vacuumed everything after I got back home. The place had not been vacuumed since the move. I also washed down the bare floors in the kitchen and bathroom.  It's 2:15 PM now and I am caught up with everything except hanging those three pictures. Leslie and Cyndi will have to figure out how to attach them to the den wall. I may have to put the hardware back on them.

Bob called. He was frustrated that his computer is not saving the change he made to his password on his bank site. I suggested he call that Parsons telephone number and get help from the man that helped me when that happened earlier.  If he gives up that Dell computer, I want him to give it back to me. Scott gave that to me a couple of years ago when he got an Apple and I gave it to Bob so he would have a computer.

It's just like the laptop Keith gave me before Windows 10 crashed it. I sent it to him and he added memory and hard drive to it and sent it back wrapped exactly how I had sent it to him, wrapped in bubble wrap and filled with peanuts. The US postal service managed to break it in the shipment back. It had a broken screen and several broken keys. It was ruined. They must have thrown it off the truck.

More even later...

I stayed home the rest of the day. I watched the weather on TV for awhile and then decided I wanted a milk shake for supper. I drove up to Sonic and bought a medium banana milk shake. I had no idea it would cost $4.25. Wow! I can no longer afford to buy a milk shake..that's for sure!

Anyhow, I watched the news and then took my bath and switched to Amazon Prime and watched  a program about how they determine what causes airline crashes. I fell asleep on the sofa during that program so I just got up at 9:00PM and went on to bed.

No comments: