Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Tuesday and a Trip to Coffeyville.

I got up about 5:00AM and started getting myself ready for the day. Scott called me and talked to me for awhile. He starts his new job on Monday. He is pretty excited about it. I am thrilled for him. Both my boys have very good jobs now. Leslie and John also seem to be doing well. They bought me a new washer and dryer.

Bob called to invite me to breakfast there at Eggbert's in Coffeyville. I told him I would go and would pick him up at 8:00AM or shortly before. My hair appointment is at 9:00AM and then I want to go out to Walmart there and get my coffeecake mixes after we have breakfast.  I gave him four boxes for Joanne to use for storage.

Sunday I started to bake my coffeecake and found I had no coffeecake mix. I went over to Casey's and got donuts instead.  So I decided to buy two coffeecake mixes today at the Coffeyville Walmart and that would hold me for the month of February. After breakfast, I also stopped at Braum's and bought my milk and yogurt. Then I went by the hardware store and bought some small brown screws...just in case we need them. I got home and took some of those empty boxes by the car wash where I washed my car yesterday. They had a completely empty large dumpster.

After I got home I started in again. I organized Bob's toolbox. It was such a mess no one could find anything in it.

Cyndi and Leslie came by about 2:30PM and Leslie started in with the internet problem again,. This time because of the Ethernet cable she had brought plus the fact that she reached a man at Cox Complete Care that actually knew what he was doing. They got it done! I am on the internet in the den now. Cyndi had brought some "Command" things that you can hang pictures with that do not require any drilling or nails. I will wait until in the morning to give them a try with the last three pictures I want to hang in that den. 

I called Nancy and sure enough she was sick again. I encouraged her to get an appointment with the doctor in Independence and told her I would take her there. She has not called me back. She probably is afraid of what they may find. She has had spells of stomach upset and occasional diarrhea every since I have been visiting her. I pulled into her drive this afternoon and called but she must have been napping or something.  She never answered the phone. Then after Leslie and Cyndi left I called again. That's when I encouraged her to call and get a doctor's appointment. I have not heard back from her.

It is 4:16PM  now and I have not eaten anything since breakfast. I will warm up my cashew chicken in the microwave and have that. I may just rest the rest of the afternoon. I am so relieved to have the internet in the den and about those "Command" strips to hang the pictures in the den. .

More later...

I warmed up my cashew chicken and had that for supper. I took my bath at 7:00PM and then I just watched TV the rest of the evening. I fell asleep on the sofa and got up and went to bed at 9:00PM.

No comments: