Saturday, January 26, 2019

Saturday and A Trip to Independence


This little notebook constantly changes the size of the font when I am typing with no help from me at all. I am going to try to do this post in Word to avoid that problem. Then I will copy and paste it into my blog and see if that helps. I tried to add yesterday to my blog last night but the font became enormous. That is so aggravating!

The move went well in one trip. John is a genius at packing furniture in. We had both Leslie and John and Jeromy, my grandson, and a strong friend of his to help. But I will be unpacking boxes for weeks if the past two days are any indication. I simply will have to put a lot of unessential but valuable stuff in the attic….like old pictures and scrapbooks and things I may want to use later…Like my Christmas decorations. There is a floor on part of that attic.

The Cox man came at 10:00 yesterday as scheduled. However, over the past 16 years he has been on this job, he had only installed three Tivos.  He could not get it to stop recognizing an antenna that no longer exists here. He spent hours on the phone to other people who gave him step by step instructions but nothing worked. Finally, he decided he was going to have to wipe the Tivo clean in order to get it to recognize a cable. At 5:30PM, that worked.  It works fine now and I can also stream my Amazon Prime. 

I went to Walmart in Independence this morning to buy a USB wireless adapter for the desktop computer in the den room. He could not wire that because of a firewall in the attic preventing him from doing that..by law.  So, the USB wireless Adapter is the answer.  My Echo does not recognize the modem and router I had to rent. So that will be necessary for it to work, I imagine. Alexa says we will have to reconnect for this location. It could not use the one for the TV. Leslie is coming on Monday to help me tear down the boxes…dozens and dozens of them.  She will also do the adapter for me. 

Well the "copy and paste" didn't work. I may have to get hold of Cox to get this resolved.

I worked all afternoon on getting things together but didn't make a dent in it. It will probably take a week or two to get everything out and in place. I even tried to wash the outside of the window in the den room. It looks better but certainly not perfect. It is 4:00PM now and I still don't have the living room done. I need to find the box that has the things from the curio cabinet in it. I really want to get that done before Leslie comes on Monday.  I may try to find those things before I quit for the day.

More later...I may try out my new microwave for something to eat.

Well that worked. The microwave will be just fine.

I found everything and put each thing in the room where it will go.

I worked until 7:00PM and then took a bath and got myself ready for bed and watched the news until 9:00PM and then went on to bed. I was exhausted!

2 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

You really got a lot done yesterday.We recently decided to try a free trial of Amazon Prime and have found several shows that we are liking on it. I am particularly enjoying watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. It takes place in the late 1950's and early '60's. The acting, the detail to the clothes everyone wears,and sets are excellent. I also enjoy the various background songs from the late '50's and early 60's. They are songs that were on the radio when I was a really young kid that I had completely forgotten about. It's nice to have something to watch that isn't all crime and mystery for a change.

I'm happy for you to be getting settled into your new place.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Susie! I am going to enjoy it.