Sunday, January 20, 2019

Sunday and Cancelled Church

I slept well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I dressed and got ready for my day and had my oatmeal and coffee. Yesterday the pastors cancelled church for this morning. It's 16 degrees out there. Our 80+ widows don't need to be out driving in from Neodesha for church. That is just too cold for them to even be out.

However, I intend to take a load of stuff over to Caney this morning as soon as it gets light. This load is mostly Christmas decorations and I will unload them in the garage because Leslie will put them in the attic for me. I am out of storage in the apartment until the furniture comes on Thursday. Then I can put away some stuff in the furniture and have some storage in the shelf closet. Also, then, later because Steve is open on Sundays here in Coffeyville, I will go over there and see if I can get some more boxes.

I am down to the line on packing. It's mostly clothing, some of which which I intend to take over in the car today with the Christmas decorations.  I will take any I can't get over there earlier, in the car on Thursday with my silk lamp shades and the coverlet and sheets from my bed. The rest of the stuff goes in the van on Thursday like pictures, mirrors and the furniture.

There are some odds and ends which I will try to take in my car too. I will try to take some of my fall/winter clothing today and bring back one of my large luggage pieces so I can pack my underwear and some jeans in it. I still have the rest of the stuff in the cabinet over the washer and dryer here and the rest of the last minute stuff in my cabinet over the stool in the bathroom and my makeup. But I have moved a ton of stuff.

As I sort through it putting stuff away after Thursday, I may donate a bunch of it to the thrift stores. I need to cull out even more. I have trashed some stuff that just wasn't worth keeping. For example, I found the accessories to my old self propelled sweeper. That thing died three years ago but I just now found the accessories to it. I put those in the trash. It's about thirty minutes til daylight so I had better get that clothing loaded into the car.

More later...

I got many of the fall/winter jeans in the car but there just wasn't room for it all. There were too many boxes of Christmas decorations piled in there. I will cull through that den closet later today and donate some of the old stuff to the thrift stores instead of moving it. I still have 15 minutes until daylight. And it is still 16 degrees out there.

More even later...o.k ...it's 7:30AM and daylight now...so I am on my way to Caney! Back later!!

I went back to Caney twice this morning and then called Phyllis to see if she wanted to go to "Just Us" for lunch. She did! So we did that and had a nice lunch and then we came back home and I took her home and then re-packed the car again. This time it was just pictures and some more Christmas decorations and at 3:30 I called Marilyn to see if she wanted to go with me and see the apartment. She did want to see the apartment! She helped me take the rest of the pictures in and then we planned where everything would go. When we got back to Coffeyville, I got gas again (for the third time this week) and then went back to Steve's and got a few extra boxes...just in case we need them. I called Bob to come and get his things out of the cabinet on the car port. I had cleaned it up and put the things that were mine in a box to take over later tomorrow afternoon. 

I also need to bake my cake tomorrow morning and ice it too before I go to Caney again.  Then Tuesday will be very busy. I have my hair appointment at 9:00AM and I need to make a fast trip to Independence with the cakes and I just noticed this evening that I have an 11:00AM dental appointment in Coffeyville later that morning.  After that I can go back to Caney in the afternoon with more of the fall/winter clothing and the box I filled this evening and do whatever else I need to get done there.

Leslie texted me this afternoon to see if I had registered for World Conference of our church in April. To get the discounted registration, I had to do that before February 1st. So I got that done too.

It has been a busy, busy day.

I watched the playoffs this evening and it was a close one. The Patriots finally won in overtime. But the Chiefs played very well in the fourth quarter and nearly took the game. It was tied at the end and went into overtime when the Patriots finally won. It's after 9:30PM now and I am going on to bed.


No comments: