Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Tuesday and Also A Trip to Bartlesville

I slept well last night and got up early again. It was nearly 5:00AM. I will have a huge day. I will go to the beauty shop at 9:00AM, take the cakes on to Independence after that to the First Christian Church and get back here for my dental appointment at 11:00AM, then make a quick trip to Bartlesville in the afternoon to have my new visor installed. I heard from Matt in this morning's e-mail. The visor is here. I am so tired of having to push that thing up out of my field of vision constantly. On my way back, I will stop at Caney and unload anything I can load in the car this morning. I know I have one of the silverware drawers packed.

In just a little while, I will have my oatmeal for breakfast and coffee and Chai and watch the news and then head out to the beauty shop at 8:45AM.

So more later....

I did that. Bob contacted me and volunteered to take the cakes up to Independence. That simplified my day quite a bit. I went on to my hair appointment and then on to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. After that I went on to Bartlesville to get my new sun visor for my car. I got that taken care of  too. I stopped on the way back and took my boxes into the apartment. I also stopped at the post office there to check out why I am not getting mail at either address. It's a mystery. The lady postmistress in Caney said I should get my mail in Coffeyville until Thursday when the address change takes effect. I asked her to check into it and call me but if she learned anything, she did not call.

I did go online and change the address for my Reader's Digest and Consumer's Report magazines so that has been taken care of. I also called the City of Coffeyville and gave them my new address for their bill and also the final bill.

Now I should contact Cox Communication and make sure they have my new address. Amazingly, they had it.  I wasn't too sure they would since few of my experiences with Cox Communications have been satisfactory except for their tech service.

At about 6:30PM I am to go to City Hall here and give the invocation for the City Commission meeting. That will be the last time for that. I will be in Caney after Thursday.

When I get home from the meeting, I will take my bath and after that at 9:00PM, I will go to bed. It has been a big day!

No comments: