Sunday, February 24, 2019

Sunday and a Dinner After Church

I awoke three times last night after going to bed a little early. I did get back to sleep. I got up at 4:45AM. I had had enough sleep. I ate my oatmeal and drank my coffee and Chai Latte and then mixed up my corn casserole. It is in the oven now. I hope it works out as good as it was Christmas...the last time I fixed it.

We have a guest minister this morning...Josh Crown. Then Melissa will be ordained an Elder.  After church we will go over to her and Kelly's new home for dinner. She has fixed a ham and green beans and we will take the rest of the dinner. I texted Rick and Carmen last night and reminded them of the dinner. If Carmen doesn't have to work, they may come.

Judy contacted me yesterday and asked me to host the Living the Questions group on March 17th. I told her I would.  They say they want to see the apartment. I hope to have all the windows finished with valances over the mini blinds by then.

I'd better go check my corn casserole. More later...

Sure enough...the corn casserole was finished and looked great.

At 8:40AM, I loaded it into the car and took off for church. The service was good..very good. Melissa was ordained an Elder and afterward the congregation went out to Kelly and Melissa's new home and ate a fine dinner. Then Kelly gave Phyllis and me the grand tour of the place. It just goes on and on. It is absolutely lovely. Rick and Carmen did get to come and they seemed to have a great time. 

I got back home about 3:00PM and unloaded what little casserole I had left into a smaller bowl and washed the larger one.

I took some photos of the inside but they may not be all that good. I will check them out and see if any of them are good enough to post.


Image may contain: indoor

This is the TV in one of Kelly and Melissa's two living rooms. I think Kelly said it was a 54 inch TV.


I worked until 4:30PM on the newsletters and got three in the snail mail. The others I sent out on e-mail.

I will start to read the book Nancy loaned me on Friday. 

No comments: